Help needed with international transaction gone wrong

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Brian Mitchell, Aug 29, 2005.

  1. I am appealing to any photographers who know Hendrik Hoesel, ex employee of
    Leica Germany, to help me with this situation.

    In November 2004, I purchased a Nikon 28-70 f2.8 lens from Mr Hoesel on ebay
    (username palmahendrik). The lens has been lost in the post. Mr Hoesel has
    lodged a claim with the Spanish postal authorities which has apparently been
    rejected. I am out of pocket about 800 euro.

    I am now unable to get any responses to my emails to Mr Hoesel.

    His contact details are as follows

    Phone Number: 0034 922491055
    Address: C/Los Riveroles 42, Tijarfe/Los Llanos/S/C de Tenerife
    email: or

    PLEASE, If you know this man, contact him and urge him to get in touch with
    me regarding this matter.

    Many Thanks
    Brian Mitchell
    topline at iinet dot net dot au
    Perth, Western Australia

    Brian Mitchell, Aug 29, 2005

  2. this is surely a joke............please tell me it is...............it can't
    be for real.

    Glittery Gary, Aug 29, 2005

  3. Brian Mitchell

    Pete D Guest

    This happened in November last year and now he is starting to worry about
    it???

    Pete D, Aug 29, 2005
  4. Brian Mitchell

    Redplanet Guest

    Out of interest... just how good was your seller's eBay 'Feedback
    Score' when you sent e800 to Tenerife? It must surely have been way up
    in the 1000's?

    Redplanet, Aug 29, 2005
  5. yea, when 90% of the scammers are working out of Spain...........or so they
    say.

    Glittery Gary, Aug 29, 2005
  6. Brian Mitchell

    Bill Funk Guest

    Avery quick check with Ebay shows:
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=palmahendrik
    8 feedbacks, one negative, none after September 3, 2004. No negative
    from you, and it's too late now.
    How long did you wait before you contacted Ebay?
    Have you tried the phone number?
    Why would an insurance claim for "lost in the post" be rejected? Was
    there insurance?

    Bill Funk, Aug 29, 2005
  7. Side issue: When you use E-bay you are NOT allowed to protect yourself from
    fraud by challenging a credit card bill for undelivered merchandise, and if
    you do so, E-bay will block your access to e-bay, and prevent you from
    making a negative feedback entry. So those with problems are very likely
    not able to register negative feedback and e-bay's feedback scores are
    artificially high. Don't trust them, because many negative feedback items
    will never make it to e-bay.

    World Traveler, Aug 30, 2005