[HELP] NAT configuration Question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by John, Nov 23, 2004.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hi all:

    Router1 in the Philipine

    Eth0: 192.168.0.1 /24
    S0: 10.0.0.1

    Connected via IPLC Line.

    Router2 in US

    Ether0: A.B.C.D /24
    S0: 10.0.0.2

    A.B.C.D is a valid IP address.

    I want users in the Philipine with 192.168.0.x ip addresses to go out
    via their serial port to the router in the US, then the router in the
    US will NAT overload using the valid A.B.C.D Ether0 IP address.

    Is this possible? some pointers as to how to proceed.

    Thanks,

    J.

    John, Nov 23, 2004

  2. John

    MDCXCI Guest

    Create the NAT pool:
    i.e. ip nat pool natpool 123.123.123.0 123.123.123.7 prefix-length 29

    Create the constraints on the nat pool:
    ip nat inside source list <access-list> pool <name> overload
    i.e. ip nat inside source list 101 pool natpool overlad

    If necessary assign static addresses from the NAT pool:
    ip nat inside source static <local address> <ip address>
    i.e. ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.3 123.123.123.4

    Create the access-list to control the nat pool:
    access-list <access-list> permit ip 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255 any

    MDCXCI, Nov 26, 2004

  3. John

    john Guest

    Can you elaborate as in what to put in one router and what to put
    in the other?

    john, Nov 26, 2004
  4. John

    MDCXCI Guest