    backdoor fix.Is it possible that the worm or whatever is in the task
    manager?

    Any suggestions would be appreciated..Ace.

    Ace McCoy, Nov 21, 2009

  2. Quite possibly. What steps have you taken to help yourself?
    I.E. is certainly quite prone to hijacking.

    Start with HiJackThis:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_hijackthis/

    Paste your resultant output here, and read carefully:
    http://hijackthis.de/
    http://malwarebytes.org/
    http://superantispyware.com/

    Without knowing what your OS is, further recommendations would only be
    guesses.
    Not likely.

    Once you get yourself cleaned up, switch to a less-susceptible browser,
    such as Firefox or Opera.

    For downloading prior to fixup of Admin vs. User, get the OffByOne
    browser. It doesn't require traditional installation.
    http://offbyone.com/offbyone/

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 21, 2009

  3. Ace McCoy

    richard Guest

    Install another browser and see what happens.
    Firefox and Opera are two good ones.
    I rarely use IE.

    richard, Nov 21, 2009
  4. Ace McCoy

    chuckcar Guest

    (Ace McCoy) wrote in

    McAfee "nag" thing?

    That is your malware scanner that's installed to stop you from infecting
    the computer resulting in just such a thing happening.

    What *exactly* does McAfee tell you?

    Update your virus information files from McAfee using Their AV software
    and scan *every* file on your computer to start, moving *all* infected
    files into quaranteen.

    chuckcar, Nov 22, 2009
  5. You seem to have missed that part about "administrator" and "another
    user name" up there in the OP.
    "You have not given permission for this program to open
    *as this user*." ?
    Yep. That'll help. Heh, "quaranteen". Update your spellchecker
    information files.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 22, 2009