HELP! modem->wired router->desktop with wireless card=wireless network?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by jacklhunter, Feb 23, 2008.

  1. jacklhunter

    jacklhunter

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have an internet connection running from my modem to my wired router (ie. not wireless) this runs into two desktops. My one desktop has a wireless card which i purchased when i went away to university. Can that wireless card send a signal to my laptop to connect me wirelessly to the internet? I've tried Ad-hoc"ing" the connection but it doesn't connect the laptop to the internet just the desktop. If anyone knows how to make this connection information would be greatly appreciated.

    Desktop 1
    ^

    router -> desktop 2 - - - Laptop???
    ^