    didn't work. I'm unable to install many programs because of this.

    I'm using the XP operating system.

    Any help appreciated! Thanks!

    Annie, Sep 30, 2008

  2. Annie

    VanguardLH Guest

    http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?riched20
    Download and put it in the Windows\System32 folder.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918118/en-us
    Got this updated installed? It's not that new. Been to the Windows
    Update site recently? Mine is at version 5.1.2600.0.

    WHEN the error occurs, just what are you running for apps? Might this
    be when using Outlook or some other MS Office component? If so, have
    you yet performed the repair option (I think it's under the Help menu)?
    As I recall from MS KB articles, you rename the riched20.dll file and
    then run the repair. After the repair, revisit the WU site.

    VanguardLH, Sep 30, 2008

  3. Annie

    why? Guest

    When doing what?

    The version you have is?
    From where and what version?
    MS searchable DLL listing,
    http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/

    RICHED20.DLL 5.0.140.0 More Info Rich Text Edit Control, v2.0
    riched20.dll 5.30.11.2410 More Info Rich Text Edit Control, v3.0
    riched20.dll 5.30.11.2410 More Info Rich Text Edit Control, v3.0
    riched20.dll 5.30.11.2410 More Info Rich Text Edit Control, v3.0
    riched20.dll 5.30.11.2410 More Info Rich Text Edit Control, v3.0
    <skip 1 and a bit pages>
    RICHED20.DLL 5.40.11.2210 More Info Rich Text Edit Control, v4.0
    RICHED20.DLL 5.40.11.2210 More Info Rich Text Edit Control, v4.0
    RICHED20.DLL 5.40.11.2210 More Info Rich Text Edit Control, v4.0

    About 60 entries in total.

    And for each version there is the product it comes from, the last one
    above is.

    Microsoft BizTalk Server 2004 Enterprise Edition
    Microsoft Host Integration Server 2004 Enterprise Edition
    Microsoft Project Server 2002
    Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2002 Enterprise Developer
    Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Architect

    following that the details page has info on exported functions.

    Your RichEdit10ANSIWndProc appears in the last entry,
    and as far back as

    File Name riched20.dll
    File Version 5.30.23.1200
    File Description Rich Text Edit Control, v3.0
    Locale English (United States)
    Name Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1

    but not in

    File Name RICHED20.DLL
    File Version 5.0.140.0
    File Description Rich Text Edit Control, v2.0

    www.google.com
    Results 1 - 10 of about 685 for RichEdit10ANSIWndProc. (0.20 seconds)

    Me

    why?, Sep 30, 2008
  4. Annie

    Annie Guest

    Thanks to all that replied! I'll see what I can do. It's all a bit
    confusing to me.

    The error occurs when I'm trying to install programs or games or when I run
    Spybot. Haven't had any prob with MS Office.

    Annie, Sep 30, 2008
  5. Annie

    rjdriver Guest

    It is unusual that it effects your ability to install games, but try this:

    Find the riched20.dll file and rename it to riched20.old.
    Put your Office 2000 disk 1 in a CD drive and run the Repair tool. If it
    doesn't auto start, use My Computer or Windows Explorer to browse to the CD
    drive letter. Double-click on it. Then double-click on the setup.exe file.
    Repair should be the first option.

    This will replace any corrupt or missing office files, including
    riched20.dll , with the original versions.

    Bob

    rjdriver, Oct 1, 2008