HELP ME! :(

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by XhArD, Sep 4, 2005.

1. XhArD

XhArD

GOD DAMN YOU NATHAN!! Why did you insist I remove SP2? Ever since i did, my computer has been totally rooted :evil: Mainly its graphical issues: billions of purdy clours on the screen... id rather have a proper picutre. It resets on its own now..... sounds like that dodgy virus goin around now, that resets youre computer on its own, but its not that. Ive tried reinstalling Video drivers a couple of times, no help. Now its gotten so bad that even if i wanted to try and download the driver again, within the 2 minutes it would take to boot and download, it will die :evil::evil::evil::evil: Can anybody help me?

XhArD, Sep 4, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. XhArD

unholy

I told you theres no way to remove [email protected], u now merely have a SP2 rooted machine...
    use window automated recovery to repair the current system files and go from there, how to do it.
    well
    insert ur XP CD
    start as if u were reinstalling.
    When it asks Windows or Recovery go to Windows
    and then there should be a Automated recovery thingy there.
    and that should fix up what sp2 did (i think) but if u are using the sp2 disc to recover, i wouldn't have a clue what to do

unholy, Sep 4, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. XhArD

XhArD

i dont have an XP cd, dads got it somewhere and i dunno where it is :p ill just keep fiddling, itll prolly get worse but oh well...

XhArD, Sep 4, 2005
  4. XhArD

XhArD

Found the XP cd, no idea what ur talking abuot with the automated recovery process though... go to install windows.... Then it dies again. Theres no way i can fix it. It will just die before i get a chance :(
    EDIT: It took about 10 tries to install it, but i managed to install the next version up of the video card driver, and its fine now :) I thought i had the latest version, but i was wrong :( s'all good now :)

XhArD, Sep 4, 2005
  5. XhArD

RObErT_RaTh

Why remove SP2? It's the best thing that ever happened to me.

RObErT_RaTh, Sep 4, 2005
  6. XhArD

XhArD

buggersup DCXmodfor BF1942 and stopsnetwork gaming :(

XhArD, Sep 5, 2005
  7. XhArD

unholy

pft sp2 is pointless... get ur exploit patchs thats all i need it for... but i dont use it... a handy firewall and virus protection keeps me 99.9% clean (the .1% being any errors in the software i use)
    as u can see SP2 can be very annoying therefore also hard to make it connection with no SP2 computers... (thats why dean is so phat) ...

unholy, Sep 5, 2005
  8. XhArD

XhArD

and by the looks of it, i need a new keyboard. c all the words mashed together in my last post? :p might have something to do with me taking this one apart andstealing thatlittle metal bar out of the spacebar... it works well for flicking keys out of keyboards at school :p replacing the M and N keys on school keyboards isso damn fun!

XhArD, Sep 5, 2005
  9. XhArD

RObErT_RaTh

Stops network gaming for just that mod or other things too? I use it and don't have a prob. Maybe the people who made the mod got slack ;)

RObErT_RaTh, Sep 5, 2005
  10. XhArD

XhArD

not just for that mod, for anything pretty much.

XhArD, Sep 5, 2005
  11. XhArD

RObErT_RaTh

Well, 95% of people out of say 500 that attend a LAN I go to called Valhalla have it and they don't have any network gaming probs. I wouldn't neccessarily blame SP2, just something else that is conflicting with it. It could be the firewall with it is not allowing your games network access? That is easy fixed though.

RObErT_RaTh, Sep 5, 2005
  12. XhArD

XhArD

yeah... meh, im happy enough without it now:)

XhArD, Sep 5, 2005
  13. XhArD

unholy

hahahahahahaha, dont owrry my keyboard at school is the ytrewq keyboard notto mention the arrow directions of the num pad counting back from 9 :p
    Go arrows!
    --v
    >^<
    I hate windows firewall, u cant turn it off!!!! so dam annoying!!!!! u have to have a seperate Firewall software running to disable it from working, then u cant let the other firewall shut down or windows goes retarted, its all a mess i am sticking with no SP and when i move to Linux vmware will be the same, no SP, though i will have 2 O/S's installed :D
    Now lets get down to the point Keyboard smashing and SP2 destorying is fun, but is it right, obcourse the techy at our school has no idea what language bar is, that why he left it installed and imaged it from there :|

unholy, Sep 5, 2005
  14. XhArD

RObErT_RaTh

What? I used to turn off windows firewall all the time without my own firewall.

RObErT_RaTh, Sep 5, 2005
  15. XhArD

XhArD

Did you mean when uve got SP on, unholy?

XhArD, Sep 6, 2005
  16. XhArD

unholy

yes when u have sp2 on it shits itself and stuffs up... non sp2 is more stable... better for overclockers. only had problems when my ram wasn't 100% stable :p

unholy, Sep 7, 2005
  17. XhArD

XhArD

sounds good to me :)

XhArD, Sep 7, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question