Help me fix this - Microsoft GIF Animator

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigal, Mar 25, 2006.

  1. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah but those languages don't convey thoughts as easily as English does. Like Spanish for instance, it's no wonder those countries always get into trouble, their languages are horrible at communicating what they really mean.

    For instance.

    Mi carne es muy grande!

    Did I just describe the steak I had for dinner or say something very naughty?

    Or... German...

    Aber beklecker nicht Das sofa

    I mean, come now... (or rather, don't, it'd be doing exactly what I said not to). Don't get no jizz on the sofa?

    Plus we'd have to get all new keyboards with funny characters on them.

    The Modfather, Apr 23, 2006

  2. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    yer good point modfather, maybe we orta invent a language which is 10 times easier to write with and to speak.. like jeberish, except jeberish the other person wont understand :p

    unholy, Apr 24, 2006

  3. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I'm afraid you're already working on that new language, Nathan.

    bigal, Apr 24, 2006
  4. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah, and besides, we've got that language already, Nathan's just re-inventing Ebonics. Except in Australian, so it's Ausbonics.

    The Modfather, Apr 24, 2006
  5. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    so England is Egland? if Ebonics is english language or whatever, and ausbonics is australian language in particular, the first part of ebonics would mean england is Egland.

    Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
    XhArD, Apr 24, 2006
  6. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Uh, er, no... I didn't invent Ebonics, I'm not black. I believe it has to do with the word Ebony. Black folks have this obsession with trying to come up with things to call themselves. We've got.

    Black
    Negro
    African-American (Oh how I just LOVE hyphenated Americans) <Blech>
    Afro-American (apparantly identifying with a hairstyle is cool)
    Chocolate (popularized recently by the mayor of New Orleans)
    Ebony (as in the Magazine)
    Colored (bad word now, didn't used to be)
    Persons of color (isn't everyone?)
    I'm leaving out a whole bunch I'm sure and purposly leaving out the derogatory ones even though they often call themselves that. <Shrug> :rolleyes:

    The Modfather, Apr 24, 2006
  7. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Man, that's funny. Ausbonics for the Aussies. :elephant:

    bigal, Apr 25, 2006
  8. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    I am confused, when did this happen... Wait i know why i dont know it is because i am one of no colour :p

    Ps. i have nearly completed my unholy speech language, with a english convertor!!!

    unholy, Apr 25, 2006
  9. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    English converter. And stop spelling "colour" the British / Australian way. Over here we use "color". :)

    bigal, Apr 25, 2006
  10. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Really, they love to throw in extranious letters and sounds, like extra "R"'s where there aren't any, or they drop H's out of words for no reason but pronounce the letter with a bunch of extra sounds, it's H, "ACH!" not "Haitch". Color, spelled like it's said, not Colour, who the heck says ColoUr, How would you pronounce that anyway? Col-Oo-You-Arr?

    And cars don't have boots or bonnets, BABIES have boots and bonnets, cars have trunks and hoods! And Tire is spelled with an I darnit!

    The Modfather, Apr 25, 2006
  11. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    dont blame me for what i was brainwashed with.. But English is a weird Language dam silent letters...

    Colour/Color its the same thing to me.

    Boots and Bonnets? are you the queen or somthing, i call em hoods and trunks or hatchs.

    Never really picked up on the Tyre/Tire one, i spell it differently everythyme! :p

    unholy, Apr 26, 2006
  12. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm referring to both Brits and Aussies here with the differences.

    Some of the spellings you use (and/or Brits use) are archaic. Others are just odd, like Boot and Bonnet, there's little reason for that, they're the only ones who call them that. Whenever I see tire spelled Tyre, I keep thinking of the Norse God of war, Tyr. :)

    The Modfather, Apr 27, 2006
  13. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    ...either that or the Morse Code call to war, ---...---....-.-.-.-.-:)....-.-.-.-

    bigal, Apr 27, 2006
  14. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    That doesn't translate to anything.. Well sort of, you've got OSOH something H something there.

    Break it up differently and you can get osohkrkhk

    But really it isn't anything. When typing Morse, put in spaces like you would when you type words, between the letters, otherwise it's like one big scrawl of nothing.

    -.-- --- ..- / -.. --- / -. --- - / .-. . .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / -.. --- / -.-- --- ..- / .- .-.. /

    The Modfather, Apr 27, 2006
  15. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    It was a joke, and I wasn't trying to spell out anything. But thanks for the hint. I hope you didn't waste too much time trying to decode it!

    bigal, Apr 27, 2006
  16. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    nah theres probably some Morse Code decoder on the net :p

    isn't Tyr said like Teir?

    Dicitionary.com has it as "tîr" i hate Dicitionary.com there popups ANNOY ME LIKE HELL!!!

    unholy, Apr 28, 2006
  17. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    and you're still calling it "dicitionary"? Those popups wouldn't be a problem if you used Firefox, I thought you did.

    XhArD, Apr 28, 2006
  18. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    How does he get there if he spells it dicitionary? He must have it bookmarked or something.

    Anyway, there may well be a morse code translator online, but I'm a HAM operator, so I know morse.

    The Modfather, Apr 28, 2006