    What route should I pursue?

    Thanks,
    Dean

    deanwissing, Jun 13, 2006

  2. deanwissing

    Pat Coghlan Guest

    Sounds like you want this:

    [analog PBX port]--[adapter]--(IP WAN)--[adapter]--[analog phone]

    I don't think you can use the WAN to emulate the analog loop to the PBX
    port this way.

    In the VoIP world, you typically connect your analog phone to a VoIP
    gateway, which in turn signals to a server using the SIP protocol. That
    server itself, or another server in the WAN, will have a trunk to the
    network where your destination analog phone resides.

    The trunks to the destination networks can be T1, ATM etc.

    Pat Coghlan, Jun 13, 2006

  3. Dean,

    You might look at this vendor:
    http://www.quintum.com/enterprise/en_appnotes.html. Take note of the case
    "PBX extension". I *think* this is what you're after.

    Jonathan Roberts, Jun 14, 2006