Help me! About welcome screen and fast user switching in windows xp

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rahul, Mar 14, 2007.

  1. Rahul

    Rahul Guest

    I have been using windows xp (s.p.2) for last six months and i have
    also installed symantec client service(version 10) antivirus. My O.S.
    was running well but two months back, the welcome screen and fast user
    switcing, feature became deactivaed. When I tried to activated it by
    user account (control panel -> user account). It shows a message "
    Client services for netware has disabled the welcome screen and Fast
    User Switching. To store these features, you must uninstall client
    service NetWare"

    Now, I don't have any idea about the same. however i found the same in
    the services(control panel -> Administrative tool -> services) where i
    disabled it. but it was not fruitful. Also i tried to uninstall the
    antivirus, but i was asking password for uninstallation while i didn't
    set any password during the installation.

    Please suggest how can i get rid out of this problem without
    formatting my windows O.S.

    Rahul, Mar 14, 2007

  2. Rahul

    WhzzKdd Guest

    First of all, are you connecting to a Netware server? If not, then why do
    you have a Netware client installed? If you don't connect to a Netware
    server, uninstall the client (Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs). Then see
    what happens with your fast user account issues.

    WhzzKdd, Mar 14, 2007