    What did I do wrong and what can I do to configure the computer. I cannot
    figure out how to enter the BIOS.

    Any help is appreciated

    gibberish, Jun 17, 2006

  2. gibberish

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In gibberish spewed forth:
    And you're gonna make us GUESS as to WTF your computer is?

    Toolman Tim, Jun 17, 2006

  3. gibberish

    gibberish Guest

    Computer is a compaq 6300 Pentium 4. sorry for the shortage. Frustration
    is a terrible thing to experience.

    gibberish, Jun 17, 2006
  4. Start > Run and type 'compmgmt.msc'. The Disk Management window will
    appear, showing your second hard disk. The word Unallocated will appear
    next to it. To format and partition a drive, right-click on it and
    choose New Partition. Follow the steps in the New Partition Wizard to
    partition the drive and watch the progress bar as it's formatted.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 17, 2006
  5. gibberish

    gibberish Guest

    Excellent information Worked like a charm. Thanks a million

    gibberish, Jun 17, 2006

  6. You're welcome.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 17, 2006
  7. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Sat,
    Windows XP doesn't have native drivers for a ATA/133 card. At least it
    didn't with XP pro. And if you're running another version of Windows,
    it definitely won't have it. You must also go into the BIOS and tell
    it to boot from the card, which the PC recognizes as a SCSI card.
    And what kind of a PC is it? A name brand like Dell or a universal
    board? Proprietary systems like Compag, Dell, HP, etc all have their
    own little keyboard sequence to get into the BIOS. A universal board
    usually uses the del key.
    Yep.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Jun 17, 2006
  8. gibberish

    Dan Evans Guest

    Eh? Are you sure you're not thinking of SATA?

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Jun 17, 2006
  9. gibberish

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Dan Evans spewed forth:
    Well, that would depend on the card, wouldn't it? I've not used an add-on
    ATA/133, but one of the instructions sheets I read from a hard drive
    manufacturer did seem to indicate that their card required having
    software/drivers installed for XP.

    Toolman Tim, Jun 17, 2006
  10. gibberish

    Dan Evans Guest

    Really? I've never come across an ATA card that needed extra drivers.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Jun 17, 2006
  11. gibberish

    Toolman Tim Guest