HELP I get a blue screen

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by ChristyLynn, Nov 23, 2006.

  1. ChristyLynn

    ChristyLynn Guest

    I have a not even 2 year old Dell Dimension 2400. Before I sit on the phone
    with Dell customer service, which is SUCH a delite, I thought I'd ask here.
    I am getting the following error on a blue screen right after the Windows
    flag screen comes up:

    STOP: C000021a (Fatal System Error)
    Windows logon process terminated unexpectedly with status 0xc0000139
    Shut down.

    I did shut the computer down with a disk in the A drive, usually I get the
    blue screen that tells you to remove the disk to continue. I removed the
    disk and rebooted and still cannot get past the fatal error screen.

    I did get into Safe Mode. I ran antivirus (ok) I did MSCONFIG and disabled
    all Start Up items, as well as hiding all MS services and then disabling all
    other items and did a reboot. Still I can only get into Safe Mode.

    Oh, and I also did a Restore to a previous system save.

    Any ideas what the problem sounds like? Any ideas I can safely try before
    calling Dell?
    ASAP please. Thanks!!!

    ChristyLynn, Nov 23, 2006

  2. A few suggestions:

    Do a full memory check
    Restore the Windows system files
    Do a scandisk

    Julian Treadwell, Nov 23, 2006

  3. ChristyLynn

    ChristyLynn Guest

    Okay, through trial and elimination, I've determined it is a problem with
    the A drive. When the computer was starting up it did the main drive okay,
    then the cd rom okay, and when it got to A it stopped and did the fatal
    error. I have disabled the A drive and it boots up perfectly. Now, where
    is my A drive??? LOL When I go into My Computer it is gone. How can I get
    it back, assuming the drive is fixed or replaced. When I disabled it, I
    didn't think it would eliminate it. Help again! :)

    ChristyLynn, Nov 23, 2006
  4. ChristyLynn

    ChristyLynn Guest

    Nevermind, I figured it out. So I enabled the A drive again, then
    rebooted, and now the A drive is fine. Did my leaving a disk in and booting
    up cause a temporary glitch, and my disabling, restarting, and enabling and
    restarting the system fix it? Possible?

    ChristyLynn, Nov 23, 2006
  5. ChristyLynn

    Mr. Arnold4 Guest