    doing it right) so I can copy it over

    Any one?
    ~I AM a Noob

    Noob, Oct 12, 2007

  2. Noob

    Rod Dorman Guest

    In case you haven't guessed from the newsgroup name, this is a Cisco
    oriented newsgroup.

    If you're going to ask off topic questions at least have the courtesy
    to identify it as such in the Subject: line.

    Rod Dorman, Oct 13, 2007

  3. Noob

    Trendkill Guest

    In the cisco world, you can use xmodem copy over your serial console,
    or on the newer equipment, there is tftp functionality. If you do
    want to do the tftp, you need to make sure ports are in same vlan (if
    you can even get to that part of the config), and ensure IPs and masks
    match the same subnet. You may even want to look up documentation on
    your switch make/model, as Cisco has thorough documentation for these
    type of situations, and I can't imagine any major network equipment
    vendor not having the same for these critical situations. If you can
    go the xmodem route, it will take a heck of a lot longer to copy, but
    itll do the job of getting your code on the device.

    Trendkill, Oct 15, 2007
  4. Foundry Networks switches normally have dual flash. Did you try to type
    "boot secondary" from boot monitor?

    Regards,
    Andrey.

    Andrey Tarasov, Oct 15, 2007
  5. Noob

    Noob Guest

    Thank you for the feedback

    1. I thought that I did say it was not a Cisco in the subject with
    "Foundry FastIron". I am sorry if I was not clear.

    2. I have tired to assign an IP to the switch but it attempts to boot
    via bootp and fails since there is no IP. I am not able to connect to
    any other device till i assign an IP so getting the configs copied is
    not an option.

    3. Both the Primary and the secondary flash are blank. So i am not
    able to boot off of either.

    I was able to find out that if I can not assign an IP through the boot
    monitor then there is something wrong with the flash and it needs to
    be replaced. Sooooo I have gone the route of opening a support case
    with Foundry and getting this one repaired. I was hoping for a quick
    fix since this is a production switch.

    Again thank you for the help on this issue and sorry if I was not clear

    Noob, Oct 16, 2007