    have the option of saving as an html page. How do I save the file as an
    ..avi or .mpg?
    Thanks!!!

    big note, Aug 20, 2006

  2. big note

    Rich Wilson Guest

    Most sites will not allow you to do this - the videos will be hosted in a
    way that only allows streaming, not downloading. However, depending on which
    piece of software is actually playing the video you might be able to find
    where it's kept - usually right-click on it and choose Properties or
    something like that. If it gives you a web address you could try downloading
    that. (If it starts http:// it should work). I use Get Right for stuff like
    that (www.getright.com).
    Also you could check to see if it's in your temporary internet files.

    Rich Wilson, Aug 20, 2006

  3. big note

    Guest

    Opera assumed, I did this all day yesterday, read my sig.

    Open your browser cache (Program Files\Opera\profile\cache4) set it to
    view the most recent.

    watch your movie all the way thru, then hit F5 to refresh the list,
    you will find it at the top, a large file called TMP or FLV (maybe
    some video type) like opr15NBW.flv rename it to whatever.flv/mpg/avi
    and save it somewhere else.

    , Aug 21, 2006
  4. big note

    ProfGene Guest

    Somtimes if you choose save link it will save the file as a video but if
    that doesn't work you can get a video capture program that cans capture
    any video on the screen, even streaming video.

    ProfGene, Aug 21, 2006
  5. big note

    Daave Guest

    It all depends on the particular file.

    Why don't you give us a particular example from a particular Web site?

    Daave, Aug 22, 2006