    shows some, but none will play the songs in the newsgroups.
    D'oh! What good is that? Please e-mail one good player to me.
    Just do the obvious to my address. TIA.

    Allred J. Proctor, IV, Oct 7, 2005

  2. Allred  J. Proctor, IV

    dadiOH Guest

    D'oh you have to download them before you can play them. Once you do,
    any MP3 player will play them.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Oct 7, 2005

  3. Allred  J. Proctor, IV

    Dan Evans Guest

    Depends on the particular news server you're using
    Music shops
    Not if they aren't on a local drive, or a shared resource.
    Free with every copy of Windows
    Took the word right out of my mouth
    I can't drive new cars that are in the show room either, that *really*
    sucks.
    I'd rather not,
    What's that? Nothing?

    HTH

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Oct 7, 2005
  4. Allred  J. Proctor, IV

    Whiskers Guest

    Download them and 'decode' them, using a suitable binary newsreader program.
    Presumably you have a real newsreader already, or you wouldn't have found the
    binary newsgroups; it may well be able to 'decode' the files it can
    download. (You could also use it to access this newsgroup, and many
    others, far more conveniently than using the Google Groups web interface).
    Depends on the particular server. Hours or days.
    You can't buy anything via a newsgroup. There are many web sites offering
    'legal' music downloads that you can pay for in various ways. Some have
    music which the artists actually /want/ you to have "free" :))
    I'm guessing that "WMP" means "Microsoft Windows Media Player"; that may
    well be abe to play "MP3" files - but it isn't a newsreader!
    Media players play "media". They don't do anything with newsgroups. Some
    of them can connect to some web-sites, though.
    Answers to questions in a newsgroup are best put in the newsgroup so that
    everyone can comment or benefit :))

    Whiskers, Oct 7, 2005