    various opinions on it?

    Thank you very much for taking the time to help me. Thanks.

    Paul.

    Paul Boyd, Sep 21, 2003

  2. Piss outlook off and use Mozilla Mail/Thunderbird. It has built in bayesian
    filtering.
    On my windows machines, I use tiny personal firewall. It's got SNORT built
    in :). Your best bet, of course, would be a NAT router.
    AVG (www.grisoft.com). Version 7 was recently released and it's pretty good.
    cheap too.

    John Doggypoon, Oct 8, 2003

  3. Paul Boyd

    brandorf Guest

    I use POPFILE (http://popfile.sourceforge.net/) it's a Perl-bases mail
    prox that will automatically categorize your mail, and modify the
    subject line so that any mail programs filter rules can work with it.
    Great and free. Teach it wat the average Virus Email looks like and
    it can automatically quarentine that too.
    I use ZoneAlarm Pro myself, It's the only sercurity program I've never
    had problems with, thogh others swear by Tiny Personal Firewall.
    Norton can be a pretty bad resource hog. I was using F-Secure AV,
    download their trial version and see if you like it.

    -Brandon K

    brandorf, Oct 8, 2003