    So,If you feel sad, laugh and fool your face into being happy,
    your brain will follow suit. :0)]
    Honest,try it!!

    jacqueline, Jun 29, 2003

  2. jacqueline

    Jimchip Guest

    You were able to post to 24hoursupport.helpdesk.

    Jimchip, Jun 29, 2003

  3. jacqueline

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as jacqueline continued:
    Try with a less popular subject.
    And trim the excessive sig please, especially for a two-line post.

    Slumpy, Jun 29, 2003
  4. jacqueline

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jun 29, 2003
  5. jacqueline

    paul s Guest

    Not only escessive, its also broken.

    paul s, Jun 29, 2003
  6. jacqueline

    paul s Guest

    Not only excessive, its also broken.

    paul s, Jun 29, 2003
  7. jacqueline

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as paul s continued:
    I never said it was escessive, only excessive :p

    Slumpy, Jun 29, 2003
  8. jacqueline

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as paul s continued:
    I thought sigs only got b0rked ? :p

    Slumpy, Jun 29, 2003
  9. jacqueline

    Merlin Guest

    snip

    Surely emails don' go to newsgroups or have I missed something here?

    Merlin

    Merlin, Jun 29, 2003
  10. jacqueline

    jacqueline Guest

    geeks you know.
    Jacqueline "no sigs"

    jacqueline, Jun 29, 2003
  11. jacqueline

    paul s Guest

    Sigs are OK if they are delimited with '-- ' thats dash, dash, space, on a
    clear line. This is so that newsreader software can automatically strip
    them from replies. And sigs shouldnt really exceed 3 or 4 lines of text.

    paul s, Jun 29, 2003
  12. jacqueline

    jacqueline Guest

    Thanks Paul that is something I never knew as I am still learning to crawl
    PC wise.
    Where do I put the '--' or is it better to not put a sig in at all which I
    don't mind not doing really its just that I felt soooo clever when I found
    out how to do it that I was showing off.Thanks for help.
    Jacqueline

    jacqueline, Jun 29, 2003
  13. jacqueline

    paul s Guest

    Do as Brian suggested download OE Quotefix, as OE's sig handling is broken.

    To add your own correctly formatted sig to posts automatically in OE once
    Quotefix is installed, go on Tools > Options > Signatures. OE will then add
    your sig to your posts with the correct '-- ' delimiter.

    paul s, Jun 30, 2003
  14. jacqueline

    paul s Guest

    Yes its perfectly OK to have a sig, as long as its not broken and/or
    excessive. Say your name, website and a one-liner if you wish.

    paul s, Jun 30, 2003
  15. jacqueline

    Merlin Guest

    Surely emails don' go to newsgroups or have I missed something here?
    Not at all either.
    Your posts are reaching this NG so you can post here.
    Do you think you may have a problem with your ISP email server?
    As with ALL helpgroups you need to be specific & detailed with your query.
    Try & tell people more accurately what you you are using & what your problem
    is & you will find a host of very knowledgable people who can't spell but
    are happy to give you their best shot to help you.
    Since we have established that you can post to NGs try a re-submission with
    more detail & you will recieve help if it is available.

    Good luck
    Merlin

    Merlin, Jun 30, 2003
  16. That slumpy's a gut burger!

    Dorin Babyshit Spivey, Jun 30, 2003
  17. jacqueline

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Dorin Babyshit Spivey
    continued:
    Been burging guts for years ;-)

    Slumpy, Jun 30, 2003