    seems that he doesn't succeed in understanding the true problem.
    Thanks for your help.

    bye Fogar

    Fogar, Aug 11, 2003

  2. Fogar

    Ghostrider Guest

    Neither do I because it is difficult to understand "a noise similar to that of a
    blender". Blenders can range from Waring Blenders to a concrete mixer to
    a Cuisinart food processer. And what does "wave" mean? If the removable
    HD is vibrating quite heavily, then it is not mounted properly in its frame or
    the platters are becoming unbalanced at high speed. Should its presence be
    the only cause of this problem, then, by process of elimination, this HD is
    related to the cause...replace it.

    OTOH, one might want to consider the vibration caused by the heatsink/fan
    for the CPU. Some recent releases of the HSF for the Intel CPU's are using
    higher speed, variable-speed fans that can result in a "buzzing" noise at high
    fan RPM's, typically above 4,500 RPM. It exacerbates when the HSF is not
    mounted properly. What are the AsusProbe readings for CPU fan speed and
    CPU temperature?

    Finally, if this particular HD invokes heavy computing that might carry CPU
    temps to its extreme, especially for a CPU with an improperly mounted HSF,
    then the CPU will throttle-back.

    Ghostrider, Aug 11, 2003