Help figuring out why my webpage refreshes to the homepage.

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by Carrie76, Sep 20, 2006.

  1. Carrie76

    Carrie76

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi, I'm obviously not a webpage programmer (when you see the codes most of you will probably laugh at me).
    I downloaded a template for my husband's band and I'm trying to figure it out myself.
    I seem to be stuck here though.
    When you visit other pages and hit the refresh button it shoots you back to the index page.
    I can't figure out how to stop it from doing that.
    the website is:
    www.counterfeitband.com

    I know it's pretty rough looking right now but it's a work in progress so bear with me!
    Thanks, CJ

    Carrie76, Sep 20, 2006

  2. Carrie76

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I just tried your counterfeitband web page and I don't fully understand the problem you said you're having. If I hit refresh it displays the same page as expected. When I go to your hotlinked news page, it displays the new page (but with the original name). If I hit refresh there it goes back to the original page.

    My guess is that you want the new page (news) to stay when you hit refresh there. I think the problem is that when I view the source for both pages it is the same code. I'm not sure how it's able to display the news page with the home page source code but maybe it's being dynamically updated through a link. I'm confused how this could work, so I hope somebody else adds to this link - you need somebody that knows web design. I'm not that person.

    bigal, Sep 26, 2006