    the technical help desk arena. Some interesting web links would be cool.

    Thanks,
    John.

    JohnNews, Jun 23, 2003

  2. JohnNews

    Techy #1 Guest

    Hi John,

    We use http://www.inet-sciences.com/ full web/browser based support package!

    You will find a VERY good solution here and it's free for up to 3 users
    while you try it out for as long as you like (what a deal).

    Operated using XP Pro, IIS, SQL or AccessDB back end and SMTP package. If
    your a techy used to installing backend, middleware and web front ended
    stuff this is easy. If not instructions are good for the partially skilled
    IT technition.

    I strongly recommend it as fully deployed and customised in 5 days at our
    head office. May be a little much for your 100 node network as an access db
    would do the job.

    Cheers, Techy...

    Techy #1, Jun 23, 2003

  3. JohnNews

    Paul H Guest

    John,
    We're a small organisation with a small network and we're using
    ieSupportManager. It's a very cost effective product and easily
    customised. A trial version can be downloaded from the website
    www.iecomputersytems.ie. We have bought two licenses, which we run
    seperately and are using it for our helpdesk / issue tracking and our
    bug tracking / request tracking.

    It's worth a look to see if it fits your exact needs.

    Paul

    Paul H, Jun 23, 2003
  4. JohnNews

    Blue Jean Guest