help - error 0x022c367e referenced memory 0x000000

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by UriSchneider, Sep 21, 2006.

  1. UriSchneider

    UriSchneider Guest

    I am receiving messages that my firefox, explorer, google updater, and
    others are saying "Instruction at 0x022c367e referenced memory 0x000000
    could not be "Read" Hit OK to cancel (or stop) the program."

    I got a Norton message saying: Server execution failed (0x80080005)
    10,5

    Altogether, the system is running very slowly - openning program like
    Word, Google esktop Searches, etc.

    I have made no recent downloads or updates - to my knowledge. I did
    instal a "Contentwatch" program in the past month, but the system was
    working well even after the installation.

    I have tried restarting the machine to no avail.

    Any leads?

    Thanks.

    Uri

    UriSchneider, Sep 21, 2006

  2. UriSchneider

    Jerry Attic Guest

    said in @e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:
    In my experience, when strange errors of this nature start to appear, it is
    usually due to a heat problem or a stick of RAM going bad. Go into the BIOS
    and check to see if your system is running too hot. If not, try swapping
    the RAM. If you have two sticks, pull one out and see if the problem
    happens again. If does, then put the other stick back in and test it again.

    Jerry

    Jerry Attic, Sep 21, 2006