    please visit my website
    http://www.geocities.com/help_desk_software/
    so please have a look and make use of it.

    softwareengineer2006, Mar 26, 2006

  2. softwareengineer2006

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya .

    What does that show you that a quick google won't?

    Ponder, Mar 26, 2006

  3. softwareengineer2006

    1 of 1 Guest

    <snipped spam>

    What popup did Firefox block?

    1 of 1, Mar 26, 2006
  4. softwareengineer2006

    Vanguard Guest

    Increase WHAT? More penis enlargement spam.

    Vanguard, Mar 26, 2006
  5. softwareengineer2006

    DAVID GETLIN Guest

    i have a question...........with-in newsgroups...........why is it each
    group does not have a description as to what their group is
    about.......appreciate a

    DAVID GETLIN, Mar 26, 2006
  6. First, please do not connect words with all those periods, thanks. It
    makes your writing very hard to read and parse.

    http://24hrsupport.netfirms.com/aboutus.html

    You can find info about many newsgroups via Google.

    Enter: FAQ: followed by the full Usenet name of the group.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 26, 2006
  7. softwareengineer2006

    Evan Platt Guest

    The answers haven't changed since you asked February 6th.

    Or March 11th.

    Evan Platt, Mar 26, 2006
  8. softwareengineer2006

    why? Guest

    Does your software have fewer errors than the webpage?
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.geocities.com/help_desk_software/

    Result: Failed validation, 30 errors
    Address: http://www.geocities.com/help_desk_software/
    Encoding: utf-8 (detect automatically)
    Doctype: (no Doctype found)

    This page is not Valid (no Doctype found)!

    Me

    why?, Mar 26, 2006
  9. softwareengineer2006

    Mara Guest

    What I want to know is, if they're trying to foist their software off on people,
    why don't they even give it a name besides Help Desk Software? Were they
    thinking in the same way then as when they made the page? I guess it doesn't
    matter, since they spammed it anyway.

    Mara, Mar 26, 2006
  10. softwareengineer2006

    Whiskers Guest

    Some do; it's called the "description" and should show next to the name of
    the group when you list all the groups available to your newsreader.

    Mostly, the name of the group is a clue to what it was originally meant
    for. The only way to be sure, is to lurk.

    Start here: < (and please try to sort out
    that sticky full stop and broken shift key; they make it very difficult to
    decipher your article).

    Whiskers, Mar 26, 2006
  11. Ooooh, Whiskers! You changed the Subject line; he'll never find your
    answer! <g>

    [I removed all the fullstops and saved a kilobyte or two.]

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 26, 2006
  12. I have a question. Do you get paid by the period?

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 27, 2006
  13. softwareengineer2006

    Whiskers Guest

    That's OK, he probably wouldn't understand it anyway.
    You should have put a

    [...]

    or a

    snip

    or some such indicator in each place where you truncated the quoted text;
    that's 'netiquette', you see. <WEG>

    Whiskers, Mar 27, 2006
  14. softwareengineer2006

    why? Guest

    Hi.

    :)

    All the good names were used "HelpDesk" , Help-Desk.

    Me

    why?, Mar 29, 2006