    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Any comments, disgusted
    shaking of heads and hurling of invective humbly accepted.

    TIA

    Wayfarer, Sep 27, 2003

  2. Wayfarer

    °Mike° Guest

    Make sure you are logged on with administration rights, copy/paste
    the following into notepad, and save it as a *.reg file. Merge it
    into your registry.

    ***** <-- omit this line
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\open]
    "BrowserFlags"=dword:00000010
    "ExplorerFlags"=dword:00000012

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\open\command]
    @=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,\
    00,5c,00,45,00,78,00,70,00,6c,00,6f,00,72,00,65,00,72,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,\
    65,00,20,00,2f,00,69,00,64,00,6c,00,69,00,73,00,74,00,2c,00,25,00,49,00,2c,\
    00,25,00,4c,00,00,00

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\open\ddeexec]
    @="[ViewFolder(\"%l\", %I, %S)]"
    "NoActivateHandler"=""

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\open\ddeexec\application]
    @="Folders"

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\open\ddeexec\ifexec]
    @="[]"

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\open\ddeexec\topic]
    @="AppProperties"

    ***** <-- omit this line

    °Mike°, Sep 27, 2003

  3. Wayfarer

    Wayfarer Guest

    Thus spake °Mike°:
    Thanks so much! Problem solved.

    Wayfarer, Sep 27, 2003
  4. Wayfarer

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    °Mike°, Sep 27, 2003
  5. Wayfarer

    barzda

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    same problem on Vista x64

    Please, could you help me too... I was experimenting too much, firstly there was a strange line cmd shel:> something like this. In the forum I found that just delete registry and it will solve, but i deleted wrong or just did not need to delete and now... I really do not know what to do I just can not open any folder. I am using Vista Home Premium X64 SP1.
    I had a ccleaner reg bak, but probably it just saves the ones he is deleting, it did not solved the problem.

    Please, I would be very thankful.

    barzda, Jun 29, 2009