    does that aply to LAN cards hooked up together. How can I get them to share
    files and printers ?
    Reards Wills

    Guest, Oct 28, 2007

  2. Guest

    Chuck [MVP] Guest

    Wills,

    Please start with a better description of your network - what hardware and
    operating system is on each computer, and how each is connected.
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/background-information-useful-in.html>
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/background-information-useful-in.html

    Next look at logs from "browstat status", "ipconfig /all", "net config server",
    and "net config workstation", from each computer, and diagnose the problem.
    Read this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions precisely
    (download browstat!):
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighborhood.html#AskingForHelp

    --
    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/

    Chuck [MVP], Oct 28, 2007

  3. Hi
    The Router per-se has nothing to do with Sharing Printer and files.
    If the computers that are connected to the Router can surf the Internet,
    then it is a matter of configuring each computer Sharing.

    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -