help configuring cisco 2600 for frame-relay

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by tony_gio, Feb 2, 2005.

  1. tony_gio

    tony_gio Guest

    I never configured frame-relay before but I need to configure it now.
    I have a 2600 router with a T1 DSU/CSU module in it. I received the IP
    details from the telco. Are there any intructions on how to set this
    up. I know the basics, how to console in and configure basic settings.
    It is for a single office that ordered a T1 and isn't connected to any
    other offices

    The following info was given to me:

    WAN Serial Address for Customers router: x.x.x.x
    Customer's Default Gateway: x.x.x.a
    Subnet Mask 255.255.255.252

    Service Type: Basic Frame
    CSU Time Slot Settings: 1-24 (1536)
    LMI Type: ANSI
    Encapsulation Setting: Frame Relay IETF (Cisco)- Frame Relay
    (non-cisco)
    VP/VC: 10 /226
    DLCI: 226

    I did some reading and it confused the crap out of me. It said I have
    to configure the Serial interface for the T1 first and use a
    subinterface?
    Any help would be appreciated

    tony_gio, Feb 2, 2005

  2. tony_gio

    BradReeseCom Guest

    BradReeseCom, Feb 2, 2005

  3. tony_gio

    Hansang Bae Guest

    ena
    conf t
    int s0/0
    encap frame-relay ietf
    frame-relay lmi-type ansi
    !
    int s0/0.1
    ip addr blah
    frame-relay interface-dlci 226
    no shut
    !
    int s0/0
    no shut

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Feb 3, 2005
  4. tony_gio

    peart

    Joined:
    May 29, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    The above configuration is simply what you need to get you PVC up and running
    if you need more information about different methods configuring frame-relay interfaces check out http://networkers-online.com/blog/?p=5 . you can also post any questions you need about frame-relay. hope that helps

    peart, Jul 8, 2008