    Any help or suggestion appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Arawak

    Arawak, Dec 2, 2005

  2. Arawak

    Kenny Guest

    Try clearing CMOS and resetting to defaults and/or fitting a new battery.
    If not above BIOS may be corrupted, flash it.

    Kenny, Dec 2, 2005

  3. Arawak

    philo Guest

    just press F1
    then save and exit.

    if it happens again
    as mentioned...it's prob your cmos battery
    (easy and inexpensive to change)

    philo, Dec 2, 2005
  4. Arawak

    Shep© Guest

    1st thing I would do is buy and fit a new CMOS battery.They are cheap
    to replace.
    HTH :0

    Shep©, Dec 2, 2005
  5. Arawak

    Rene Guest

    If your system crashed if may have been due to a bad memory chip, try
    replacing it,
    or if you have more than 1 chip installed try just removing one to see if
    you can clear
    up the problem.

    R.

    Rene, Dec 2, 2005
  6. Arawak

    Arawak Guest

    Thanks for all the suggestions.

    What memory chip?
    Do you mean my 1GB DDRAM?

    Arawak, Dec 3, 2005
  7. Arawak

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for your help.

    Guest, Dec 3, 2005
  8. Howdy!

    Possibly NO change.

    Try going into setup, then saving and exiting.

    And see if that's good enough by itself.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Dec 3, 2005
  9. Arawak

    Plato Guest

    Sounds like the crash was due to a power glitch. ie perhaps a small,
    harly noticible "brown out". That can also, and often does, set the bios
    to defaults or change some things in it. Try F1 go into the bios see
    whats going on.

    Plato, Dec 3, 2005
  10. Arawak

    Ben Myers Guest

    As mentioned by another poster, press F1 to enter the setup
    program, then exit. If you are prompted to save the new
    settings, answer "Yes".

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Dec 3, 2005
  11. Arawak

    Arawak Guest

    Again, thanks for all the suggestions.
    I actually planned to install a Linux distro on an extra HD so I took
    the system downstairs and hooked it up to my ethernet connection which
    was required for MythTV (instead of the usual wireless upstairs.
    Having switched out the Harddrive, I booted the systed and voila! no
    error message. When I switched back to my XP Peo MCE harddrive and
    returned the system to it's rightful location (upstairs) and rebooted
    they system, no more error message. I guess the Linux install must
    have corrected whatever the underlying problem was. I'm glas I didn't
    have to change the battery since this was a new system I built from
    scratch quite recently and the mobo was fairly new as well.
    Cheers,
    Arawak

    Arawak, Dec 5, 2005