Help CiscoWorks 2.5 and CMS devices

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by UnH0Ly, Jul 9, 2005.

  1. UnH0Ly

    UnH0Ly Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a newly installed Ciscoworks LMS 2.5 server on a Windows 2003
    platform. We are having an issue with discovering switches that are
    configured in a cluster via Cluster Management Suite. Because of the
    ability to manage several switches via a single IP via the CMS
    commander, non of the other switches have an IP, thus no DNS/RDNS for
    Ciscoworks to resolve and discover. All switches have SNMP and CDP
    configured and operational.

    My question, is there a way to discover all the other switchs that are
    managed by a CMS commander? will it be necesary to assign IP's to all
    the switches that do not have IP's assigned, but are visible and
    available via the CMS?

    The switches in question are as follows:

    CMS commander is a Catalyst 3550
    CMS members are a variety of 2950's and 2900XL's

    Thanks

    Frank

    unh0lyatswdotrrdotcom

    UnH0Ly, Jul 9, 2005

  2. Your going to need to open a case with the TAC, the new release is buggy
    as hell make sure you check and see if there are any updates, if you
    upgraded instead of new install your most likely hosed.

    news.optonline.net, Jul 13, 2005