Help.. can't reinstall outlook express and/or use outlook

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by md, May 30, 2004.

  1. md

    md Guest

    I cannot get OE6 or Outlook 2000 to run on a laptop. It is a Thinkpad 600,
    PII-333, running w98se. Had worked fine for 2 yrs with both programs. but a
    few things seem to stop working.

    The most noticeable is that when I try to open Outlook 2000, i get an error
    message saying that ."An OLE registration error occurred. The program is
    not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program.

    When i try to open Outlook Expressit can't find msoeres.dll, may be an
    installation problem

    In both cases Outlook or OE won't open up.

    I tried removing OE and reinstalling 3 times. Used the latest patches and
    service pack. Each time some part or another could not be found, loaded or
    ?

    Is there a CLEAN way to remove and reinstall these programs?

    Thanks for your help. Please email or copy responses to: info (at)
    kramden )dot) net
    mark

    md, May 30, 2004

  2. md

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, May 30, 2004

  3. md

    md Guest

    Thanks, Mike, but this is a different error...the fix you sent me to was for
    opening an email, i can't get OE or Outlook 2000 working. So, i still need
    help. The real question is how to uninstall and then reinstall Outlook
    express and outlook...

    md, May 30, 2004
  4. md

    Ernest Guest

    Did you search google for msoeres.dll
    or
    msoeres.dll install or even http://tinyurl.com/yvgr8

    Ernest, May 30, 2004
  5. md

    anon Guest

    For OL repair or uninstall/reinstall using the cd

    anon, May 30, 2004
  6. md

    °Mike° Guest

    Have you tried repairing Internet Explorer from the
    Control Panel > Add\Remove Programs?

    If you don't have that option, type the following
    into the Start / Run box (case sensitive):

    rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance

    Description of the Internet Explorer Repair Tool

    <snip>

    °Mike°, May 30, 2004
  7. md

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    it's been a long time since i used win98se, if there is a checkdisk or
    scandisk utility, use it. then defrag.
    then try reinstalling OE or Outlook.

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, May 30, 2004