Help - can't play games

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Costanza, Jan 4, 2004.

  1. Costanza

    Costanza Guest

    Hello

    I was wondering if anyone could help with at least a reason why my PC now
    doesnt like the idea of me playing games on it.

    The only game i play is Championship Manager 01/02 - it works OK for a while
    and then crashes out. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but with
    the game still crashes after a short while.

    The only thing i have installed recently is Norton Security 2004.

    I have done a scandisk and defragmenter as thought it may be a corrupt hard
    drive but everything else works fine still (e.g. media player, word, excel
    etc.)

    If anyone can give me some pointers as to what the problem could be that
    would be great (e.g. would a new hard drive maybe fix it or could it be a
    problem with the motherboard)

    Thanks for any help

    Costanza, Jan 4, 2004

  2. Costanza

    Ionizer Guest

    Try disabling Norton Antivirus while you play the game. NAV was interfering
    with some aspects of NHL 2004 for me, although I do seem to recall that it
    at least popped up an alert.

    Ionizer, Jan 4, 2004

  3. Costanza

    Trax Guest

    On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 14:37:14 +0000 (UTC), "Costanza"

    |>Hello
    |>
    |>I was wondering if anyone could help with at least a reason why my PC now
    |>doesnt like the idea of me playing games on it.
    |>
    |>The only game i play is Championship Manager 01/02 - it works OK for a while
    |>and then crashes out. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but with
    |>the game still crashes after a short while.
    |>
    |>The only thing i have installed recently is Norton Security 2004.
    |>
    |>I have done a scandisk and defragmenter as thought it may be a corrupt hard
    |>drive but everything else works fine still (e.g. media player, word, excel
    |>etc.)
    |>
    |>If anyone can give me some pointers as to what the problem could be that
    |>would be great (e.g. would a new hard drive maybe fix it or could it be a
    |>problem with the motherboard)

    While it might not be your problem, I've run into this recently using an old
    video card. I found reducing the graphic detail fix's it.

    Trax, Jan 4, 2004