    Internet explorer has recently added the search bar to its view. No matter
    how many times I uncheck it it is always rechecked and visible when I
    re-open it. How can I get rid of it? TIA.

    Guest, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Download, update and run Adaware and Spybot. If that doesn't do it, then
    you might try CWShredder. Also update and run your antivirus program.

    Adaware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

    Spybot: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

    CWShredder: http://softpedia.com/public/cat/10/17/10-17-150.shtml

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 20, 2004

  3. Guest

    G-Man Guest

    use a spyware remover or simply switch over to the firefox browser like
    the rest of us. You can download it at

    peace

    G-Man, Oct 21, 2004
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I've run adaware and spybot and various others (before my first post) but
    none of them seem to help. And I like the browser I have. It never used to
    do it so the problem must be curable. Does anyone have any other advie? TIA.

    Guest, Oct 23, 2004
  5. Guest

    Jimbo Guest

    There might be a program in uninstall programs. Somthing similar happened to
    me and there was a program there.

    Jim

    Jimbo, Dec 29, 2004
  6. Guest

    Noel Paton Guest

    You may have a virus/spyware hijack

    download the Stinger from here and run it to make sure that A-V-disabling
    viruses are not present on your PC
    http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/stinger.exe

    - update your virus scanner and run a full system scan of all files.

    Reboot to Safe Mode and run CWShredder - to remove variants of the
    CoolWebSearch hijacker.

    Use CWShredder, the removal tool:
    http://www.merijn.org/files/CWShredder.exe
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/tools/CWShredder.exe
    http://www.zerosrealm.com/downloads/CWShredder.zip

    download AdAware SE Personal Edition from www.lavasoftusa.com, install,
    update, and run it to remove spyware, adware, and other such nasties from
    your system.

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
    A Happy Xmas, and a Merry New Year to everyone!

    Noel Paton, Dec 29, 2004