Help: Can't Access Control Panel or "My Computer"

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Kurt Engel, Sep 22, 2003.

  1. Kurt  Engel

    Kurt Engel Guest

    When I try to get into Control Panel or My Computer, I get a pop-up window
    that says "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut
    down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor."

    If I click on the Details button, it says "EXPLORER caused an invalid page
    fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0177:bff7b9e6" Then there's a big list of
    codes.

    If I restart the computer and try again, I get the same message. But if I
    try to get into Control Panel or My Computer again without restarting, I get
    the same pop-up window, but the Details are different. It says: "EXPLORER
    caused an exception eedfadeH in module BTLINK.DLL at 0177:0396f05d". When I
    close that window, I get a pop-up window that says "An error has occurred in
    Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer will now close. If you continue to
    experience problems, please restart your computer." After I close that
    window, I get no response at all when I try to get into Control Panel or My
    Computer.

    Can anyone help me?

    Kurt Engel

    Kurt Engel, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Kurt  Engel

    rob Guest

    Internet Explorer blinked out. You can try to repair it, reinstall it or
    format the computer. In the long run, you'll probably end up formatting the
    computer.

    rob, Sep 22, 2003

  3. Kurt  Engel

    °Mike° Guest

    You are infected with the HuntBar search hijacker.

    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/HuntBar.html

    "Stability problems
    HuntBar/BTLink and SToolbar seems to cause IE to crash often
    on some setups with an 'Exception E Access Violation'."

    Safe Hex
    http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

    Basic computer maintenance

    Anti-spyware: