HELP: Broadband disconnected while idle

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by mek88, Aug 14, 2006.

  1. mek88

    mek88

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm not an expert, and need help.

    I just had Champion cable broadband installed via terayon-715 modem.

    So I plugged the ethernet from terayon to my pc's ethernet.
    It works great. However, if leave the pc idle for 15-30 minutes, then the connection lost.

    I had to unplugged & re-plugged the power of terayon modem & wait for 15 minutes.

    I've disabled by firewall that I have on my windows xp, as well as disabled the auto turned off on my realtek network card.

    Please help.

    Thanks
    [email protected] in Los Angeles

    mek88, Aug 14, 2006

  2. mek88

    josh321

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi
    Go to device manager and select your modem. In properties go to Power Management tab and there you will find an option which lets you enable or disable the device to save power. Disable that and it won't happen again

    bye

    josh321, Nov 14, 2006

  3. mek88

    utlnoel

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2006
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    If it is a ethernet modem a option is may there at inside configuration related to IDLE TIME OUT. This means if u are not using net for specific time then automatically disconnect the connection. This setting is idle if you are using time based plans. Check in settings related to Idle time out

    utlnoel, Dec 2, 2006