    Thunderbird? I found one post on the forum saying what to do, but it
    doesn't seem to work for me. I guess I'm doing something wrong, so any
    help is greatly appreciated.

    :: brian ::, Oct 11, 2003

  2. :: brian ::

    Quivis Guest

    -> Could someone explain how to add the header X-No-Archive: Yes to
    -> Thunderbird? I found one post on the forum saying what to do, but it
    -> doesn't seem to work for me. I guess I'm doing something wrong, so any
    -> help is greatly appreciated.

    If you don't find a solution to your problem, you can glue that line of
    text into the message body. That should work as well.

    Perhaps it needs to go at the very top, I don't know. But I recall
    reading about that you could use the message body in readers that don't
    let you add any custom headers.

    You can test this by adding your "header" to the body and after a
    couple of days check groups.google.com for your entry. If it's not
    there, it worked. Remember to use something special on the subject line
    so it's easier to search for it later.

    Whether or not you can add custom headers in Mozilla, I don't know. I
    don't use it for news.

    HTH

    Q.

    Quivis, Oct 12, 2003

  3. :: brian ::

    ..brian.. Guest

    Well I figured it out. It's too bad it's not in a drop-down menu
    somewhere, so I could change it per-message.

    ..brian.., Oct 13, 2003
  4. :: brian ::

    Quivis Guest

    8>< /snip
    -> Well I figured it out. It's too bad it's not in a drop-down menu
    -> somewhere, so I could change it per-message.

    Some of the other news readers have that feature. The one I use, for
    instance, has it.

    Now that you've figured it out, perhaps you could share the info with
    the rest of the crowd...?

    Even though I don't use Mozilla for news, somebody else might be
    interested in knowing what to do...just a thought...and the rest might
    be interested to know what to answer the next guy who asks the same
    question...in case you're not around.... ;-)

    Q.

    Quivis, Oct 13, 2003