Help! ACDSee users

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by MB, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. MB

    MB Guest

    Hi, I have spent the past week or so using ACDSee 5 to organise the hundreds
    of digital image files on my computer. I've put them in folders organised by
    date, suborganised by location. I have added Categories, dates, keywords etc
    to each file.

    My intention is to now store these images on CDs. I used Nero to burn my
    first CD and then went into ACDSee to create a Photo Disc so my database
    would know which disc each image is on.

    So far so good - BUT when I access the images stored on the CD there is no
    Category, date, keyword, author etc information - I guess I can understand
    the reason for this because I have not told ACDSee to copy the database
    information to the CD.

    My question is - how can I make sure this information is copied to the CDs
    with the images? I really do NOT want to trawl back through all those images
    filling in this information again!

    Thanks for any help.

    MB, Feb 4, 2004

  2. MB

    Lionel Guest

    If you look in the options menu for the program, you'll find a setting
    for the directory where it keeps the database. You might be able to get
    away with just copying it to a new location within the directory tree in
    which you're keeping your images, so it'll be copied with the images.
    I'm not at all sure that this is the solution to your problem, but it
    might be a good place to start.

    Lionel, Feb 4, 2004