Hello i don't know what to do....

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Feb 28, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    My Windows Defender had detected malware...
    But,he have not said that and i found out now that my Pc is infected...
    So,i have this following informations for you...
    First i have made downloads from normal sites like google or recleaner to
    have some fuaters on my Windows.
    But after that,when i turned my Pc on he was very slowly and a clicking
    sound could be heared on the back of my dell laltitude D510 laptop...
    But finally hegot in ans everything was running slowly but it was running...
    I thought first that my Pc could stuck because i have lot of programms on
    it,but then i remembered the strange sound...
    So,i decided to delete some bigger programms like google earth to see if it
    would get better..And suddenly in the preparation of the installation my Pc
    was stucking,i could hear this clicking sound again and could only move my
    mouse on the screen...and he said there was an error with the programm.
    But after trying to delete other programms this was happening again,but this
    time
    a blue screen appeared and it was saying that
    SOCKET_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and that he has to close windows or there would be
    big problems....So after strarting windows i checked my hardware but he said
    that everything was ok...
    Than i made a scan with different anti-virus programms and windows defender
    and suddenly while it was scanning my pc the computer stocked,the clicking
    sound started and interesting thing........my scan stopped fot this time than
    when the clicking sound was over it started again!
    I was really in panic...
    But then i looked at the results of win. defender and they told me that the
    pc was turned off because malware was detected!(I found this information in
    the very small files of my Pc,who writes down everything what is
    happening,while i was scanning with windows defender he said(after stocking
    and clicking sound)that a unexpected problem had occured..and he closed
    himself)so,i'm not sure what i should do know...
    PLEASE HELP AND THANK YOU VERy MUCH....

    Guest, Feb 28, 2006

  2. Guest

    James Gockel Guest

    Sounds like a hard drive failure.
    You should replace the Hard disk... and reinstall windows.
    After that, you can try to put the old hard disk into a desktop machine, and
    try and back up or recover data from the drive.
    Clicking noises can only come from two locations that would have any affect
    on the system. One is from the sound card and faulty wiring. Or something is
    blown and can affect the rest of the system. The other is at the hard drive.
    The head that seeks across the disk is having problems, and is slamming back
    into it's normal position to realign itself. I have a hard disk that does
    the same thing.
    Good luck.
    -James G.

    James Gockel, Feb 28, 2006