HellBoy Director's Cut - 2004 Release Confirmation and Cover Art

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by [email protected], Jul 3, 2004.

  1. We finally have official confirmation that Guillermo Del Torro's HellBoy
    will be released with additional footage, this year, and quite a bit before
    November 30th.

    We know for certain that the HellBoy Director's Cut DVD set will contain an
    all-new cut of the movie, a new audio commentary and an exclusive Excerpt
    From The Diary Of Grigori Rasputin.

    A HellBoy DVD Gift Set will be released on the same day and will include the
    Director's Cut DVD and an exclusive limited edition HellBoy figurine.

    Empire reported that this release will have 12mins extra footage, whilst The
    Digital Bits stated 20mins. Both seemed to think that a whole new sub-plot
    will be unveiled.

    You can find the full article and a large shot of the Director's Cut cover
    art here:
    http://www.dvddebate.com/article.php?sid=4408

    Thanks

    Chris Marin
    Editor, DVD Debate
    e:
    w: www.dvddebate.com

    [email protected], Jul 3, 2004

  2. Well the movie was a boring piece of crap, with exactly *1* monster from
    'hell' repeated way too much, it NEEDS a new sub plot.

    Fish! (mmm Thecla), Jul 4, 2004

  3. Chris@DVDDebate

    TSKO Guest

    I disagree with that wonderful review....I was quite entertained by it.
    The scene on the roof w/ the little kid had me cracking up in the theatre.
    The dvd shall be mine, oh yes, it shall be mine.

    TSKO, Jul 4, 2004
  4. Well there you go, the scene you're talking about was one of the reasons
    why I hated it.

    I don't even want the divx rip of the dvd that's floating around, and
    that's free.

    Was the underwater thing/person/unexplained and pointless characer, gay
    or just effeminate?

    Fish! (mmm Thecla), Jul 5, 2004
  5. Chris@DVDDebate

    Mark Spatny Guest

    [email protected], says...
    Those who remember Peter Briggs as a regular contributor to this group
    may be interested to know he was cowriter of the screen story.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167190/fullcredits#writers

    Mark Spatny, Jul 5, 2004
  6. It was David Hyde Pierce.

    swac