    of course i had to choose ff. but the site wants cookies, so...

    also the "results button isn't working. perhaps it's a freaky javascript instead of a rational plian link.

    the links to outside crits are nice.

    Splibbilla, Mar 20, 2006

  2. Splibbilla

    gwtc Guest

    must be MS employees behind it all.

    gwtc, Mar 20, 2006

  3. Splibbilla

    Tony Raven Guest

    Worked for me and interestingly current results are:
    What browser do you like best?
    Firefox 62.4%
    Other 24.7%
    MSIE 12.9%

    I like the IE Tab Extension which allows me to switch render engines on
    a tab for recalcitrant websites but I didn't have to use it here.

    --
    Tony

    right."
    - Lord Hailsham

    Tony Raven, Mar 20, 2006
  4. Splibbilla

    R Hickey Guest

    Interesting site.They went to all the trouble to put up a site dogging
    Firefox yet FF is rated favorite browser by 87% of the people, "other" at
    like 27% and IE comes in around 12%. Not too impressive for IE...

    R Hickey, Mar 20, 2006
  5. Splibbilla

    gwtc Guest

    I have to question the voting. After all, I got to vote 5 times for
    other and once for FF. Other is Mozilla Suite, soon to be Seamonkey.

    gwtc, Mar 20, 2006
  6. Splibbilla

    Arne Guest

    A correction, "Mozilla Suite, soon to be Seamonkey" you say. SeaMonkey
    1.0 was released almost 2 months ago, so I would say "Mozilla Suite, now
    to be Seamonkey" :)

    BTW, I have voted for "other" since I use SeaMonkey exclusively. <g>

    Arne, Mar 20, 2006
  7. Splibbilla

    John Guest

    People looking for honest results don't stuff the ballot box
    (unless I totally misunderstand what you're saying . . .)

    John <><

    John, Mar 20, 2006
  8. Splibbilla

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Perhaps pointing out that there is no such thing possible in this kind
    of unscientific polling as "honest results?"

    "There's lies, damned lies, and then there's statistics." - Someone, I
    just can't remember who right now! ;-)

    Ed Mullen, Mar 21, 2006
  9. IMO if a poll doesn't even try to prevent multiple votes cast by the
    same individual, it's not an 'honest poll'. That's ignoring any scope
    for leading questions, block voting, statistical jiggery-pokery, and so
    on. Small in this case, but even so. I don't think the owners of this
    site are exactly sitting on the fence.
    Disraeli, weren't it?

    David Harrison, Mar 21, 2006
  10. Splibbilla

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Actually, Mark Twain. ;-)

    Ed Mullen, Mar 21, 2006
  11. Splibbilla

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ed Mullen, Mar 21, 2006
  12. Splibbilla

    gwtc Guest

    gwtc, Mar 21, 2006
  13. Splibbilla

    HansN Guest

    I fully agree with Arne. Coming from IE long time ago (as we all did)
    via Opera 8.5 and shortly changed tot SeaMonkey 1.0. It became my choice
    in a few weeks (not to blame Opera).
    HansN

    HansN, Mar 21, 2006
  14. Splibbilla

    PowerPiano17 Guest

    They probably made it so that the results button won't work on Firefox.

    PowerPiano17, Mar 22, 2006
  15. Splibbilla

    kes Guest

    Never mind the voting, I have to question the numbers! 87% + 27% +
    12% add up to more than 100%
    (When I visited it FF=76%, Other 16.8%, MSIE 7.2%)

    kes, Mar 23, 2006
  16. Splibbilla

    kes Guest

    An its modern day equivalent