    Location:
    Australia
    Ooo sounds like you got a faultly one :|

    unholy, Jul 3, 2005

  2. Ciger

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    Yuppers......I already emailed them about the problem. We'll see how long it takes for them to get back to me on it.

    Bio-Hazard, Jul 3, 2005

  3. Ciger

    SlipSand

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    29
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah someone did use that pSU I believe he made it though. Something Atac5 or somethign I dont remember.
    How much do those run for?

    SlipSand, Jul 3, 2005
  4. Ciger

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    Got the Hiper PSU today........ :D  Just in time to keep my weekend busy......... :shock: It's a great looking unit, but the proof is in the testing.......... 8)

    Bio-Hazard, Jul 8, 2005
  5. Ciger

    ww_crimson

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    60
    Likes Received:
    0
    Please post a review of that PSU when you get it, it looks very interesting.

    ww_crimson, Jul 8, 2005
  6. Ciger

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    I had time today between reviews to install the Hiper PSU, this thing rocks . Super easy to route and extend the cables, and from a few quick multimeter readings, the rails are fantastic................ :shock:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There will be a review up before to long and I'll post a link if it's ok.

    Bio-Hazard, Jul 13, 2005
  7. Ciger

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    nice, i bet my NUUO is beta :D, its In my x64 and ready to hoon
    ps. its ok if u post the link, i am sure sliver might beat u to it though :D

    unholy, Jul 14, 2005
  8. Ciger

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    I'm supposed to get one of those NUUO PSU one of these days also. I'm getting a little behind on stuff, time to get moving........;)

    Bio-Hazard, Jul 14, 2005
  9. Ciger

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    lol, u must have a room full of just power supplies :|

    unholy, Jul 15, 2005
  10. Ciger

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    Not really, I've had a few that couldn't handle the load and gave up the ship and one company has not/will not send me a replacement.

    Bio-Hazard, Jul 15, 2005
  11. Ciger

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    LOL, how do u go about testing a PSU?

    unholy, Jul 16, 2005
  12. Ciger

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    I put as much of a load as I can on it idle and full load, using max video, CPU and Drives (optical and HD) along with my water cooling system with it's 7 120mm fans and 12 volt water pump. That really stresses a PSU, then I take all the voltage reading with a Fluke multimeter at the ATX connector ans at the end of the longest 4 pin connector. With the new ATX2.2 standard I also plan on testing the voltage at the end of the PCI-e connector also. I also list the software reported outputs t show just how far they can be off from what they really are, just like reported temps are normally totally incorrect.

    Bio-Hazard, Jul 16, 2005
  13. Ciger

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Is a 100 dollar Multimeter ok in comparison? cause i just don't have the money for a new one :| (ps the one i have it my dads its sorta old)
    also how Would i get the readings from the ATX connector?just push the reader down til i get a reading?

    unholy, Jul 17, 2005
  14. Ciger

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    Yup, push the probes in from the back side, but carefully, you don't want to damage anything. If the multimeter is a little old, I'd try and find another one to check it against to see just how clost it is to reading the correct voltages. I have a friend who takes mine out to the Army base every few months to check the calibration...........;)

    Bio-Hazard, Jul 17, 2005