    heatsink or should i put some on the cpu die as well.

    all help greatly appreciated

    MW

    Michael Ware, Feb 19, 2004

  2. Michael Ware

    ICee Guest

    You should apply a thin layer of thermal compound on the CPU die. Basic
    instructions are found here (applicable to any thermal compound, not
    just AS):
    http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions.htm

    ICee, Feb 19, 2004

  3. Michael Ware

    Unknown Guest

    The purpose of the thermal compound is to create the best possible thermal
    connection to the heat sink. If it were a solid connection it would be best.
    It is like soldering the two pieces together for maximum heat transfer.

    Unknown, Feb 19, 2004
  4. Michael Ware

    Mike245 Guest

    Michael Ware wrote:

    It doesnt really matter, its best to put it on the die. What you should
    consider is this piece of advice "You can never use too little thermal
    paste." It just needs to fill in microscopic gaps, so use very very
    little. Too much may make heat transfer worse!

    Mike245, Feb 21, 2004
  5. Michael Ware

    Unknown Guest

    Absolute hogwash. You can definately use too little.

    Unknown, Feb 21, 2004