    fan is starting to make noise and i dont know why what should i do please
    email me at i would appreciate it
    thanks!!!!

    doug thiesmeyer, Feb 25, 2005

  2. doug thiesmeyer

    John Holmes Guest

    doug thiesmeyer 's blabbering in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    What email address should we reply to?

    John Holmes, Feb 25, 2005

  3. Either live with the noise or:
    1 Power off your machine
    2 Pull the card
    3 Replace the fan
    4 Put the card back
    5 Power up your machine

    The noise is probably just from wear and tear, unless you've been loggin
    it about for lan parties or somethin', in which case you should be more
    careful.

    Robert Amtjip, Feb 25, 2005
  4. doug thiesmeyer

    Om_Audio Guest

    I have had quite a few GPU fans die over the years. The card could fry if
    you do not address the problem. If it is under warranty sent it to them and
    they will fix/replace it.

    If it is out of warranty you will have to get a heatsink/fan that will fit
    from Thermaltake or somewhere like that.

    I added a simple 80mm fan in my case which blows across the GPU to ease wear
    and tear and also to prevent fry fest in the inevitable event the fan dies.

    Om

    Om_Audio, Feb 25, 2005
  5. Case-side fan, or literally "in" your case?

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 25, 2005
  6. doug thiesmeyer

    philo Guest

    no support via email

    the best thing to do is NOT take a chance...
    replace the fan

    philo, Feb 25, 2005
  7. doug thiesmeyer

    Plato Guest

    If it's the fan on the video card than start shopping for a replacement.

    Plato, Feb 26, 2005
  8. doug thiesmeyer

    Om_Audio Guest

    I don't have a cover on my case- I have a custom enclosure with
    intake/exhaust and room for 2 boxes and a few firewire drives- so the extra
    fan is just nested in some cables- very high tech and clean!

    ;)

    Om

    Om_Audio, Feb 26, 2005
  9. Response to top-post:

    Nifty. Build it yourself? JPGs?

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 26, 2005
  10. doug thiesmeyer

    Om_Audio Guest

    Sure- the enclosure is nice- the computer is a messy mutant though- but I
    love it. Where to send pics?

    Om

    Om_Audio, Feb 26, 2005
  11. To some web space. But if it's not cosmetic, don't bother -- you call
    it a messy mutant, so it's probably not a thing of beauty. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 27, 2005
  12. doug thiesmeyer

    Om_Audio Guest

    No web space- just email.

    In any event- I might consider water cooling for my new machine as GPU seem
    to be very noisy in general- or possibly a super large Zalman as I'll have
    plenty of empty PCI slots. I go with noisy but high performance cards for
    the level of performace I like (I play UT2004 as well)- otherwise I'd get a
    fanless Matrox and call it a year.

    Take care,

    Om

    Om_Audio, Feb 27, 2005
  13. In 2005?

    We've established there's no need for an image of this project...but for
    the record, you don't even have a little freebie 5MB site space from
    your ISP? I thought everyone got a little space by now.

    A bookmark for your future convenience: http://techimage.net

    Free, no-registration image space. Just upload foo.jpg, and link to it
    as http://techimage.net/foo.jpg

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 27, 2005