    -------> Ian Guest

    Will a heat sink & fan used on a Pentium be ok? Or will I need a
    better one?

    -------> Ian, Feb 19, 2004

  2. -------> Ian

    Basket Case Guest

    "-------> Ian" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Will a heat sink & fan used on a Pentium be ok? Or will I need a
    > better one?

    Any socket 7 heatsink will work.

    Basket Case, Feb 19, 2004

  3. -------> Ian

    Thor Guest

    There are a wide variety of heatsinks and fan combos that were common for
    Pentium I chips. Not all of them would be adequate for your K6-2 500, as
    those tend to generate much more heat than most Pentium I chips. I would
    look for a heatsink and fan that is rated for that K6 chip.

    Thor, Feb 19, 2004
  4. -------> Ian

    Trent© Guest

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:47:58 +0000, "-------> Ian"
    <> wrote:

    >Will a heat sink & fan used on a Pentium be ok? Or will I need a
    >better one?

    What Basket said.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent