    how to access it.

    TIA

    David

    David, Apr 26, 2004

  2. David

    one_red_eye Guest

    My old ISP cut off the modem and rang through whenever there was an incoming
    call. I spose that's too much to ask of ISP's nowadays.
    (Now that I think about it, they also were the phone company.)

    one_red_eye, Apr 26, 2004

  3. David

    Debbi Guest

    Subscribe to caller waiting, and when it sends the second caller signal,
    your modem will cut you off.

    Debbie

    Debbi, Apr 26, 2004
  4. David

    Hamman Guest

    Yes, its called ADSL

    hamman

    Hamman, Apr 26, 2004
  5. David

    Mary Guest

    If you are using WinXP, you can configure your modem with 'Modem on Hold',
    which will let you have your Internet Connection and allow you to receive a
    short phone call without disconnecting you from the internet.
    Hope this helps.

    Mary, Apr 26, 2004
  6. David

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Mary, I believe that only works if you have a V.92 modem. All mine are older
    than that ;o) (But it would have made a good excuse for an upgrade...except
    I'm on cable now...) So the OP needs to check out his modem's hardware
    properties.

    Toolman Tim, Apr 27, 2004
  7. David

    Mary Guest

    Well, they didn't mention what they have, so I had to put in my 2 cents-FWIW
    ;)

    Mary, Apr 27, 2004