He sees you when you're sleeping - He knows when you're awake

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Pennywise, Nov 3, 2009.

  1. Pennywise

    Pennywise Guest

    He knows if you've been bad or good
    So be good for goodness sake!

    O! You better watch out!
    You better not cry
    Better not pout
    I'm telling you why
    It's WGA.

    "the authentication system is said to provide daily information on the
    user's IP address and other details that could be used to trace
    information back to an individual home."

    I've always bragged; I"ve never allowed WGA to be installed on my
    system. Now I have good reason to. And while I have auto updates
    disabled - They come if I allow them, when I do by accident, WGA is
    there wanting to be installed :)))

    "The lawsuit is specific and would ask for at least $5 million in
    compensation for the affected class of all Windows XP users in the
    US."

    Joining this class action law suit if you run XP, divided the by
    others who also use XP. You might get a nickel.

    But Microsoft knows what tickles your fancy.

    I just ran across this article looking for something else.
    www.electronista.com/articles/09/09/04/microsoft.sued.over.wga/
    Please note the fact that a Dan C approach is required to remove WGA.

    1205 unread messages, I've been gone awhile.

    Pennywise, Nov 3, 2009

  2. Pennywise

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    The real reason why the Microsoft firewall is only a half assed job.

    chuckcar, Nov 3, 2009

  3. Pennywise

    richard Guest

    WGA>>we've gone apeshit

    They can try to get all my personal information they want.
    What they'll get is a bunch of lies.
    now if they think they can find out where my home is simply through the IP,
    well then they've been watching to much NCIS.
    For one, I'm on verizon wireless. So me and laptop might be here one day,
    elsewhere the next.

    richard, Nov 3, 2009
  4. Pennywise

    Pennywise Guest

    2006 it started to be installed and it's not a chip set, just part of
    it, Its called the TPM Chip.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusted_Platform_Module
    I've mentioned this before, but this chip is in your computer if it's
    fairly new, your able at this time to disable it, depending upon your
    bios settings.

    It will be in all computers and other devices and activated around
    2015. You block it's output, you don't connect to the internet.

    It started out as claiming to be a spam blocker. You send bulk spam,
    the IP just blocked your TPM chip number and your not a problem
    anymore.

    Its a bad thing, its abuse apparent.
    You have to file where the courts have jurisdiction. Microsoft, while
    everywhere, address is Redmond Wa.

    I took the articles word for that one. My sister lost her cooperate
    password (company didn't pay up) and she was getting WGA errors,
    couldn't do much of anything except connect to the internet with her
    browser - which was just fine with her, as all she did was watch
    movies all day (bed ridden at times).

    I took Autoruns to her place and under "everything" at the very bottom
    is WGAsomeotherletters.somethingelse, I just disabled that from

    Pennywise, Nov 3, 2009
  5. Pennywise

    richard Guest

    Well you're the smart boy around here.
    Explain please then sir, how is it possible for one of YOUR customers to
    service a multitude of users with only one input to the internet?

    Assume a motel has 100 units, or any business actually. The motel is
    connected to the internet via one, and only one, connection like perhaps
    cable. Each unit is occupied and each unit has a working computer connected
    to the internet. If you personally went to each room and checked the IP,
    would you have 100 ip's or only 1?

    You never have a given a solid answer of one or the other. Just more of
    your bullshit.

    richard, Nov 3, 2009
  6. Pennywise

    richard Guest

    The corp hq is in washington state. Redmond is where the servers are most
    likely. If it is a federal law issue, legally, you can file in any federal
    court. Then, if applicable, you will be advised which court will hear the
    case.

    richard, Nov 3, 2009
  7. He obviously doesn't know about mac addys, logins, or other such
    things. Do what I do. Laugh, and know one day his stupidity will bite
    him on the ass. :)

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Nov 3, 2009
  8. I'm not Evan, but I will say that when you connect to most hotels, you
    have to click an agreement. When you do, your mac addy is logged. A mac
    addy is a unique address built into your network card. All anyone then
    has to do to trace back to you is to go to the manufacturer, and follow
    the trail...to your door.

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Nov 3, 2009
  9. Above the wailing & moaning of the trolls, The Old Sourdough was heard
    to say:
    Amazing isn't it, I thought that would be pretty obvious. Oh, I see you're
    replying to RtS.
    Don't rush him, he's got to figure out what a router is yet..

    William Poaster, Nov 3, 2009
  10. Possible. However, we're talking about someone (rTs) that thinks he's
    surfing anonymously thru Verizon Wireless...when it requires a login. :)

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Nov 4, 2009
  11. Pennywise

    Pennywise Guest

    He was spending too much money on it and had to cut back on a lot of
    functions (toys) he had planned on having installed.

    One, Ran out of money!!! two, can you imagine what it might of been
    like if he had it built the way he wanted, I read he had to cut back
    on the computer control system of the house for one.

    You can see it on google earth, just search for: Bill Gates' house
    or 1835 73rd Ave NE, Medina Wa. it's only fair.

    Pennywise, Nov 4, 2009
  12. Pennywise

    Pennywise Guest

    Opera has a neat feature called "speed dial", when I start up I have 9
    sites I frequent (editable), I can select from; at the top of the page
    is a search box also editable to the search site of your choice, I use
    Google.

    TCPView showed anything typed into that box went to Opera.com, looking
    at the search box selection I notice the link did first go to
    Opera.com then routed to Google. I changed the link to just Google.com
    and the search box quit working, and I had to use a google page.

    I have doubleclick.net in my HOSTS file, running spybot a few days ago
    I had like a hundred+ tracking cookies (first time), usually it just
    complains my auto updates is disabled.

    Doubleclick.net was shown as having numbers after it, not sure if this
    is common (it was the first time) but they have found away around my
    HOSTS file.

    I just searched again and cookies4.dat files is 340K after just a few
    days.

    I just deleted the cookies4.dat files (two systems)

    My HOSTS file isn't working, or my system isn't loading it - the
    former most likely.

    --tangent

    I did a reinstall of a two systems running 4.5 years, and I'm having
    more problems than I did before.

    I installed a XPSP3 someone slip streamed for me. Seems to come with
    problems.

    My recovery disk quit (xp Home) on the 5th CD (dual boot). I have
    copied them to the hard drive, now just need a way to run it (the
    recovery disk are in separate 5 directories, named after each CD - it
    going to take a MBR hack, I haven't done that in so long, I'm really
    hoping WIn95 Norton Diskedit (9/45/1990) will do the trick. (I kept
    the first MBR (Recovery) then partitioned the HD and installed XPro
    (deleted the Recovery option) writing to the MBR, saved that one as
    well)

    My Original XPCD (Pro) as mentioned is unreadable in areas,
    isobuster - nada.

    I found a XPCD SP2 that I slipstreamed, I'm going to install that
    shortly (copied perfectly to the HD).

    Unless they have found away around the HOSTS file.

    Pennywise, Nov 4, 2009
  13. Pennywise

    Aardvark Guest

    They certainly might have found a way. Or may have.

    :)

    Aardvark, Nov 5, 2009