    the app defaults to "Shooting Mode = Single Shot".

    How do I set the default Android 4.3 Camera app to
    simply *stay* in HDR shooting mode?

    Liam O'Connor, May 7, 2014

  2. Liam O'Connor

    tlvp Guest

    Is there perhaps (as there is on a Casio stand-alone camera I have) a
    general setting to toggle "stickiness" of shooting-mode settings? That
    might go under the name of "Remember previous shooting mode when restarting
    Camera app" (with a Yes/No toggle). HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp

    tlvp, May 8, 2014

  3. Liam O'Connor

    Evan Platt Guest

    Might want to look into downloading / installing another camera app?
    :)

    Evan Platt, May 8, 2014
  4. Does anyone know of an Android camera app that has HDR
    which can remember the prior settings?

    Liam O'Connor, May 10, 2014
  5. I understand what's behind the snide reply, and I don't disagree
    that a google search is always to be done before the question is
    to be asked.

    Firstly, a minor correction is that I already searched for
    "best free HDR apps which keep HDR mode on"
    before I even asked the question here.

    The problem is, NONE of the results mentions whether the HDR
    mode is kept on between use, or not.

    So, the search is nearly *useless* because the ONE THING I'm
    looking for isn't in the reviews!

    That's why I asked!

    I do realize the ONLY people who will know the answer are those
    who actually care about keeping camera modes on between APP uses.

    I guess the REAL QUESTION, since you and I see that nobody in
    rec.photo.digital or comp.mobile.android knows the answer, is
    how do you SEARCH for a sub feature of an app such as this?

    Liam O'Connor, May 12, 2014
  6. Now that's interesting!

    My phone is the USA T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3, with Android 4.3.
    The native "Camera" app is version 1.5, 28.00KB.

    That's about all I can "see" to describe which one it is I'm using.

    Liam O'Connor, May 13, 2014
  7. I looked all over in the Android operating system, particularly
    in Settings->More->Application Manager->All->Camera->App info

    But, I can't find *any* way to "update* this default Camera
    app. I'm shocked it only takes 28KB of total storage, so,
    it's a really tiny application.

    I don't know if it's default Android, or if it's default
    T-Mobile, or default Samsung Galaxy SIII though.

    But, it was there when I restored the phone to the
    factory defaults, and it's an unrooted phone, so it
    can't be deleted.

    But I just don't see HOW to update it.
    There is nothing like it in the Android Play store
    (there are TONS of camera apps; just not this one.)

    Liam O'Connor, May 13, 2014