    What is the easiest way to wipe my hard drive and reinstall win98. without
    having to go near the registery
    cheers in advance J

    Jason Hogan, Dec 26, 2003

  2. Jason Hogan

    philo Guest

    "Jason Hogan" <> wrote in message
    news:bS2Hb.2205$...
    > What is the easiest way to wipe my hard drive and reinstall win98. without
    > having to go near the registery
    > cheers in advance J

    as long as you have all your data and drivers (etc) backed up
    all you have to do is format your drive...

    philo, Dec 26, 2003

  3. Jason Hogan

    DataSpider Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message

    > "Jason Hogan" <> wrote in message
    > > What is the easiest way to wipe my hard drive and reinstall win98.

    without
    > > having to go near the registery
    > > cheers in advance J
    > >

    > as long as you have all your data and drivers (etc) backed up
    > all you have to do is format your drive...

    Or use FDISK.

    DataSpider, Dec 26, 2003
  4. Jason Hogan

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 00:13:46 +0100, in
    <tg3Hb.4929$7U1.57735@amstwist00>
    DataSpider scrawled:

    >"philo" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Jason Hogan" <> wrote in message
    >> > What is the easiest way to wipe my hard drive and reinstall win98.

    >without
    >> > having to go near the registery
    >> > cheers in advance J
    >> >

    >> as long as you have all your data and drivers (etc) backed up
    >> all you have to do is format your drive...
    >>

    >Or use FDISK.

    There is no need to use FDisk, unless you mean to rearrange the
    partitions on your drive -- and format needs to be run after FDisk,
    anyway.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 27, 2003
  5. Jason Hogan

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Jason Hogan posted ...

    > What is the easiest way to wipe my hard drive and reinstall win98.
    > without having to go near the registery
    > cheers in advance J

    Use a startup floppy to re-boot the computer from, then type without quotes
    "format c: /s" enter ... Then use the W98 CD to re-install .. ;)

    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Dec 27, 2003