Having trouble sending/receiving Email

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Edw. Peach, Jan 15, 2006.

  1. Edw. Peach

    Edw. Peach Guest

    Greetings.

    I'm suddenly having problems sending/receiving email from two of my
    email accounts, both Yahoo. Last month my AV software found some
    malware on my computer, JAVABYTEVER.A. It removed those files and
    everything seemed okay afterwards, but a few days ago I had an odd
    incident where my autorun wizard stopped working (I reset it using
    TWEAKUI, yes, Windows XP Pro) and I had an error message the first
    time I tried to open my Control Panel, telling me there was an error
    when I tried opening IE. I didn't open IE, I was trying to access my
    Control Panel. After that my browser homepage was hijacked to MSN.
    That's not my startup page.

    Could any of this have anything to do with not getting some email one
    person sent me, and a few people not getting email I sent to them?

    I've scanned my computer for viruses a number of times since, (found
    nothing) run Ad-Aware, also finding nothing.

    Any suggestions short of reformatting?

    Edw. Peach, Jan 15, 2006

  2. Edw. Peach

    Edw. Peach Guest

    No Need to respond to this one. I found some more malware on my HD.
    In case this information helps anyone, I found these with an online
    scan at Trend Micro:

    TRAK_SE.77236
    TROJ_SE.69649
    HTTP COOKIES