    messages.
    Anybody know of a solution to this problem.

    Doug.

    Doug and Margaret, Feb 7, 2004

  2. You don't have to subscribe to read newsgroup messages.
    I suggest you get yourself a real newsreader.

    Agent
    http://www.forteinc.com/

    40tude Dialog
    http://www.40tude.com/dialog/

    Xnews
    http://xnews.newsguy.com/

    A good, text only, free news server is:
    http://www.individual.net/

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?=B0Mike=B0?=, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Doug and Margaret

    Boomer Guest

    BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!

    Boomer, Feb 7, 2004
  4. Doug and Margaret

    WiffleWoman Guest

    *yawn*

    K-Snatcha-Man on the loose again, wha? Did you forge yourself a
    weekend pass?

    WiffleWoman, Feb 7, 2004
  5. Can you tell me how to select newsgroups to browse through headers with
    later versions of Netscape or EI with out having to tick the box to
    subscribe?.
    The reason I use NS 3.01 is because I can just select "show all groups"
    and just browse through them, find one I would like to check out, do so,
    and then go on to other groups. No subscribing needed.

    I also use NS 3.01 for email, no virus problems with it.

    Doug.

    Doug and Margaret, Feb 8, 2004
  6. Doug and Margaret

    toyalP2 Guest

    You can do that and much more with a REAL newsgroup program, follow Mike's link,
    I recommand Agent, by Forte
    Good luck!

    toyalP2, Feb 8, 2004
  7. Thanks toyalP2 and Mike.

    Doug.

    Doug and Margaret, Feb 8, 2004
  8. Doug and Margaret

    Boomer Guest

    [snip]
    Xnews can do that.
    http://xnews.newsguy.com/ Freeware

    You might want to ask at a Netscape group if you are going to continue
    to use NS 3.
    For Xnews all the help you want is over at news.software.readers
    Forte Agent has it's own group: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent

    Good luck

    Boomer, Feb 8, 2004
  9. Doug and Margaret

    °Mike° Guest