    new mouse. What would you suggest to solve the problem,
    Thanks Fred
    OS is WindME

    Fred J, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Fred J

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Fred J said:
    Scrap WinME and get a more stable platform ?

    Brian H¹©, Sep 25, 2003

  3. Fred J

    Gitano Guest

    Fred J came up with this:
    Sometime my mouse also have these problem. So I took the hammer and
    smashed the mouse. New mouse works great.

    What is an OS?

    Gitano, Sep 25, 2003
  4. Fred J

    Phil Guest

    Brilliant advice NOT!
    go play on the middle of the motorway and stop giving stupid advice!

    Phil, Sep 25, 2003
  5. Fred J

    Bryan Guest

    Phil, it *is* good advice. Didn't see you giving advice to the OP!
    But that's your right!
    :)
    OBTW snipped useless sig! Hope you don't mind :)
    Bryan

    Bryan, Sep 25, 2003
  6. Fred J

    Phil Guest

    Cheers for the respect Bryan, but I still think it is overkill to scrap an
    OS for just a mouse problem.

    What useless sig! would that be then Brian?

    Phil

    Phil, Sep 25, 2003
  7. Fred J

    Brian H¹© Guest

    And your advice to the poster would be ?

    Brian H¹©, Sep 25, 2003
  8. Fred J

    Phil Guest

    Something more useful than yours, if OP gave more info!

    M5 or M6 either one will do the trick!

    Phil

    Phil, Sep 25, 2003
  9. Fred J

    Brian H¹© Guest

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ *THAT USELESS SIG* ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Brian H¹©, Sep 25, 2003
  10. Fred J

    Phil Guest

    Right - That Signature - got it Brian. lol

    I don't fully understand why so many guys on this newsgroup, you might be
    one of them, get so uptight when we don't take the trouble to remove the
    grisoft sig. Please explain why, and this really is an honest request...

    Phil.

    Phil, Sep 25, 2003
  11. Fred J

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Phil said:
    1. You are posting using plain text on usenet, not sending e-mail.
    2. You *cannot* certify yourself virus free, only free of *known* viruses.

    Brian H¹©, Sep 25, 2003
  12. Fred J

    Bryan Guest

    Well, we know that the OP has a lot more probs than the mouse.
    As we know, it could be disc space, mem, et.al. All these are helped / not
    helped by the OS. WinME is, as I'm sure you're aware, is a load of old ...
    well, codswallop springs to mind, so if the OP was to change to, say...
    98SE, XP Pro, 2K, (the Linux boyos are going to jump in here), I think the
    OP would be somewhat better off.
    Mind you, this is JMO!
    :)

    Bryan, Sep 25, 2003
  13. Fred J

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Bryan said:
    LOL, I missed the chance of using my newly acquired sig, so I'll piggyback it
    here *eg*

    --
    Ignoranus:
    A person who's both stupid and an asshole.

    Brian H¹©, Sep 25, 2003
  14. Fred J

    Phil Guest

    And a very good opinion Bryan (I spelt it correctly this time, sorry)

    How is it you are so different form all the others then Bryan, you aren't
    sarcastic, rude, in fact you are an absolute gent!
    Phil

    Phil, Sep 25, 2003
  15. Fred J

    Phil Guest

    Oh dear I am getting my "Bryans / Brians" mixed up!!!! - - - Ignoranus:> A
    person who's both stupid and an asshole. very good Brian.. lol

    Phil, Sep 25, 2003
  16. Fred J

    Bryan Guest

    I wonder where you got that from?...
    ;)
    lol

    <snippo de resto>

    Bryan, Sep 25, 2003
  17. Fred J

    Jerry G. Guest

    What type of rat (mouse) are you using?

    If this is a new mouse, did you check the surface that is moving on? If
    there was any dirt or debris, some may have entered in to the mouse.

    Check out the parameters of the driver, such as motion, and the acceleration
    sensitivity.

    I have used ME with different types of rats, and found that it worked okay.
    Since your last one worked okay when it was new, there is no reason that the
    new one should not be okay.

    When installing the new one, the old set-up characteristics for movement and
    acceleration may have stayed. If these are not properly set up, there will
    be over-sensitivity, as such that you are describing.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
    Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm

    Recently my mouse started giving me trouble, I have to try a few times
    to bring the curser to the right place it is very hard to control it and it
    is jumpy. I replaced the mouse but it is doing the same thing with the

    Jerry G., Sep 25, 2003
  18. Fred J

    Brian H¹© Guest

    ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Sep 25, 2003
  19. Fred J

    Bryan Guest

    <shrug>
    It's the way I am!
    <bigger shrug>
    I've always found, (talking to children taught me), if you're nice... people
    are nice back!
    Mind you! I can be a real nasty bastard when I want to!
    (so the wife says)
    I used to run /own a doorstaff agency!
    'Nuff said?
    :)

    Bryan, Sep 25, 2003
  20. Fred J

    trout Guest

    Phil wrote:
    In addition to the other information; a signature is supposed to be
    properly delimited; that is, separated from the body of the post with a
    dash, dash, space; hard return. That way, a properly configured
    newsreader (even Outlook Express, if you use QuoteFix) will
    automatically snip it off in reply messages.
    That way, you can read a longer post without it being broken-up by
    the same (meaningless) signature over and over again.

    trout, Sep 25, 2003