Have You Ever Seen This Window?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Starcap 50, Sep 16, 2004.

  1. Starcap 50

    Starcap 50 Guest

    Greetings,

    I'm the guy who started the "AOL Problem" thread. Since I am still unable to
    access any internet site, other than message groups and newsgroups such as
    these, a technician is coming over this Saturday morning.

    Every time I turn on my computer, before I even get a chance to log onto AOL, I
    get a pop-up window that had a title heading of "Network Connections."

    Under this title, it says:

    "You (or a program) have requested information from apps.deskwizz.com. Which
    connection do you want to use?

    Then underneath that message, highlighted, it lists "America Online."

    I have absolutely no use for this window, as I have the AOL icon on my desktop
    anyway.

    In addition, my technician thinks that this window might be at the root of my
    problem -- some corrupt program trying to access my ISP and the internet.

    Have any of you ever seen this window before?

    Dennis

    Starcap 50, Sep 16, 2004

  2. Starcap 50

    Thor Guest

    No, but sounds like spyware. Might be involved, might not.

    Thor, Sep 16, 2004