Have you ever seen a traffic shape like this ?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Chris, Dec 23, 2003.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Here is the description of my problem:

    -a 2950 acting as Aggregation switch for a few access switches ( most of

    them are Cat2924).
    -the Aggregation Switch has an 1Gb uplink to a Cat6509 (truncking,
    dot1q,
    all vlan allowed on this trunk)
    -L3 switching is setup on the Cat6509.
    -some other swithces 2924/2950 connected to the Cat6509.

    See the diagram here:
    http://www.geocities.com/cristi_piatnitchi/index.html

    Any client connected through the Aggregation switch has problems with
    uploading files on the network (whether is on a server or an other
    client
    workstation not connected ). The downloading works fine on those
    workstations.

    Any transfer between workstations (upload or download) connected through
    the
    aggregation switch works fine!!!

    Everything else looks fine to me: no error on ports (whether they are
    uplink
    or access ports), the trunking settings look fine.
    What else could be ?
    The strange thing is that the traffic is chopped like the digital signal
    (snmp should show me a solid line, please see the link)

    Thank you in advance.
    Cristian

    Chris, Dec 23, 2003