    verified that the name is the same on all computers, and disabled the
    firewalls,. I dont know what else to do. I have viewed the posts here &
    followed the instructions that seemed relative, without success.

    Guest, Sep 14, 2007

  2. Guest

    Chuck [MVP] Guest

    Joyce,

    9 out of 10 reports like yours are caused by inconsistent NetBT settings, or a
    misconfigured or overlooked personal firewall.
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/07/advanced-windows-networking-using.html

    If you wish to diagnose the problem, look at logs from "browstat status",
    "ipconfig /all", "net config server", and "net config workstation", from each
    computer. Read this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions
    precisely (download browstat!):
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighborhood.html#AskingForHelp

    --
    Cheers,
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/

    Chuck [MVP], Sep 14, 2007

  3. Chuck,

    Good article, and nice website! Added to "Favorites".

    --
    HTH,
    Curt

    Windows Support Center
    www.aumha.org
    Practically Nerded,...
    http://dundats.mvps.org/Index.htm

    | On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:16:11 -0700, Joyce
    <>

    Curt Christianson, Sep 15, 2007
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thank you so much for your help. Your articles and directions were excellent
    and you were exactly right about the problem. The problem that I found was a
    AOL Securities program that was blocking access from the IP address of that
    computer. Thanks again for the input.

    Guest, Sep 17, 2007
  5. Guest

    Chuck [MVP] Guest

    Glad to help, Joyce. Thanks for the feedback.

    AOL again.

    [A24HSH Miss Perspicacia Tick]

    "If it hurts every time you poke yourself in the eye with a sharp stick
    (AOHELL), the obvious solution is to quit poking yourself in the eye with a
    sharp stick (AOHELL).

    If you absolutely MUST poke yourself in the eye with a sharp stick (AOHELL),
    then feel free to seek assistance from the maker of the sharp stick (AOHELL)."

    --
    Cheers,

    Chuck [MVP], Sep 17, 2007